Thursday, December 27, 2007

Still not laughing.

That is the understatement of the year...I'm so cranky right now that if I were to meet someone I'm not fond of in a dark alley right now, I'd probably rip their head off with my bare hands, just to give me something to do. (No, I'm not insane, why do you ask?) Not only did the doctor tell me today that I haven't changed from my previous 3 centimeters, apparently being dilated in the first place doesn't mean CRAP. So, all of my preparedness, all of my tension, all of my excitement that the spawn will soon be vacating the premises....ALL FOR NOTHING. I wanted that baby to come today...I just liked the 27th for some reason. (I have really weird issues with numbers...if I'm counting a group of objects, I like even numbers; preferably with many factors. For birth dates, I am partial to odd numbers. I like odd composite numbers the best....27 would have been PERFECT. Yes, I have bizarre, obsessive number issues.) Anyhow, someone else who was due nearly 3 weeks after me had her baby today. Yes, there were different circumstances and it worked out for the best and I'm nothing but happy for her, but it just rubbed it in that my kid has apparently sunk her evil little hands into my uterus and is hanging on for dear life. COME ON!!!!! YOUR LEASE IS UP!! OUT ALREADY! We have a gorgeous cradle and a crib with the softest sheets imaginable out here for you, it's much better! I have a stabbing, searing pain in the right side of my ribcage if I don't sit/lay/stand the exact right way. If the baby turns a certain way, she presses a nerve that sends pain down one or both of my inner thighs and makes my leg(s) give out. If I get up in the middle of the night and have a drink of water--WATER!!!--I get acid reflux. I am so done with this. (Oh, and the person who said you can't have I.V. drugs while actually delivering is right, so I guess I'll be going with the epidural at some point for sure. I'd just like to make it as long as possible without.)

On that note, here are some Christmas pictures! I know I said I'd edit and post them in the last one but I didn't. They're right here.

BubbleShare: Share photos - Cheap Hotels Vegas

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you are feeling this way. I can totally remember the end of my pregnancies & feeling like a ticking time bomb. You feel huge & uncomfortable, you can't sleep and tired of WAITING but at the same time you are nervous about the delivery, the pain, & what you will do when the baby actually come home to STAY! And since you feel all these things there's not much time to think about anything else so all you can do is obsess and worry.
I know you are probably really nervous about the labor & delivery because of stories everyone has told you about their births. I have no idea why, but women LOVE to tell their birth stories. You may not believe me, but you will probably do the same thing!!
I won't tell you that it doesn't hurt or that it's easy, but I really do think it's not as bad as people make it out to be. In fact, if you get an epidural you won't feel a thing. And don't be nervous about getting the epidural (just tell Craig not to watch) that doesn't hurt as bad as you think either. I think I'm totally babbling here. I just remember those last days/weeks of my first pregancy & all those mixed emotions and the waiting...I just wish people told me not to worry more & less about their horror stories, so there you go.
Just know that it won't be as bad as you think and you will totally amaze yourself with your strength & bravery.
If I can offer some advice -- read up on correct latching before Ava is born. It's surprising how UNnatural breastfeeding will feel at first & if you don't get a good latch it will be painful. But if you stick with it & get a good latch breastfeeding will end up being a LOT easier (& cheaper) than cleaning/sanitizing/warming/& trying a million different kinds of formula. Have you read Breastfeeding Sucks?
Gosh -- so sorry I wrote so much! Hope everything goes well.
Jen

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

Thank you for the advice...last night was a rough one as far as anxiety and lack of sleep but fortunately the excitement has outweighed the fear more often than not the past few days and it's kept me moderately sane. I know that once it starts and I'm settled into the hospital I'll be doing much better, even with the pain. I think it's the stage fright ahead of time that kills me. :o)

I will look into that breastfeeding book...never even heard of it, but I LOVED "Pregnancy Sucks" so it must be good!

Anonymous said...

I totally get that...stage fright ahead of time is a great explanation.
Try to get some rest. I know, easier said than done. Good luck!
Jen