Well, I just got back from school...went in to get the classroom back in order. It's a good thing I did because apparently the cleaning crew waxed the floors (I thought they were just getting washed) and the entire room was in disarray....the sub would have had a heart attack. (Actually she's more mellow than I am, she'd have just had to arrange the room however she thought it should go...but then it would not have matched the seating charts, etc....so it was better for me to have it ready for her.) Anyhow, Craig came with me because he was pitching a fit about me moving desks (for heaven's sake, I can slide lightweight desks across a floor!) so finally I told him if he didn't want me moving things by myself, he was welcome to come with, but I was going either way. So, we had a nice lunch at a deli up in Wake Forest, got my room back in order (it was actually really nice having him help, it was done very quickly) and here we are.
I have to make a trip to the grocery store because we're supposed to go to my aunt and uncle's for dinner tomorrow and I'm bringing a dessert (trying something new...some angel food cake thing that looks GOOD) and if I make it until Christmas, we'll be going to MJ's and bringing dessert for that as well. At home, Craig still has to put up a shelf in the nursery closet and the house needs vacuuming but that's it! Each night before bed I'm making sure the litterbox has been cleaned and any trash taken out, the cats have full food bowls, and the last odds and ends I'd need for the hospital are in a pile so they can be thrown in the suitcase at a moment's notice (things like makeup, my phone charger, etc....things I can't pack ahead of time because I'm using them every day).
So last night I had a dream that I was being pursued by an individual I know who shall remain nameless (I'm quite certain nobody reading this blog knows this person but still)...she's notorious for being a huge advocate of breastfeeding (which is fine) and forcefully shoving it down the throat of everyone she knows (no pun intended...and her pushiness is NOT fine). She has yet to do so to me, but I don't think she likes me much and I'm quite all right with that! In my dream she was trying to corner me so she could give me the whole breastfeeding spiel and I was NOT having it. I don't like being told what to do...by all means, share your insight and advice and experiences, but don't act like I'm beneath you if I do things my own way...at least not to my face. Just look down your nose at me behind my back, please. ;o) Personally I'm only planning on feeding the baby that way because it's cheap, easy, and best for the kid...it's not exactly an experience I'm looking forward to...no offense to anyone out there who found it to be a lovely bonding experience, it just kind of creeps me out. (The entire reproductive process is making me feel like a farm animal.) I love that I'm going to have this baby but the events leading up to her arrival and the ones I'm anticipating immediately following, I'm finding a little less enjoyable than, say, a Caribbean cruise. (Oh my goodness, I would do anything to be on a tropical island, with a tropical drink, laying ON MY STOMACH out in the sun! They need to invent a labor and delivery drug that doesn't just take away the pain but makes you hallucinate so that instead of giving birth, you think you're on vacation.)
That's it...during the day I keep it together pretty well but I'm nervous now when I go to bed at night, wondering if I'm going to be jumping up at 3am and making a trip to the hospital. It must be on Craig's mind more than he'll admit because I got up to use the restroom last night and he was like, "WHAT? WHAT IS IT? WHAT'S GOING ON? ARE YOU OKAY? WHAT'S HAPPENING?" Obviously he was still half asleep but it was pretty funny.
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Aahh! Every time I see you post I'm just wondering if it will be "the one"! I don't quite know what the 3 cm means exactly, but if you're close, that's great!!
I'm glad you're getting everything in order so that when it's time you don't have to worry about any of the little details.
Maybe you will have a Christmas baby!
Well, "3cm" means that the cervix is dilated (opened?) that far...it goes up to 10cm before the baby can be delivered. Aside from that technical explanation, I have no earthly clue what it means either! ;) I think it means I will be having this baby sooner rather than later...yay!
Post a Comment