Sunday, December 16, 2007

What did I do to deserve this....

For once, I'm not complaining...I have now racked up not one but TWO good nights of sleep! I've slept at least nine hours each the past two nights, with only two bathroom breaks each night...and each time I've fallen right back asleep. It's been WONDERFUL. I think my body knows that it needs to go into hibernation mode while it still can. Anyhow, today I also--miracle of miracles--actually made it to church! I have the best of intentions when it comes to going, but while my heart is in the right place it's hard to get the rest of my body to follow. I was doing pretty good in the spring until I got knocked on my butt by the morning sickness from you-know-where, and would like to get back in the habit. So consider today the first step...I wish I'd been going the past few weeks because the pastor was apparently doing a series on having a good day every day, and today was a really good sermon: just one little point he made about finding the positive in every situation really meant a lot to me. I'm trying to apply that to my fear of having the baby, so that I can try to get myself to focus more on the fact that when it's all said and done I get to meet the little person who's been kicking my guts these past nine months, and focus less on the fear of the unknown, the pain, and the lack of dignity of the situation. It is NOT easy to not be afraid of what's coming, and I don't think I'm doing anything wrong by being afraid, but I don't want that to be all I am thinking about.

Anyhow, after church I went to Target to stock up on more things we don't really need--the bunker is filled to capacity but I can't help it! I'm probably prepared not only for a baby, but for any number of natural disasters or nuclear war as well. Aside from my outings, I've spent the rest of the day relaxing on the couch. Tomorrow I'm taking in the car for the yearly state inspection, an oil change, and a much needed wash. That's about it! My dad sent a few pictures so here's one of Craig and I at Thanksgiving....the original picture has my brothers in it as well but I cropped them out so it could fit...and because one of them was making a really weird face. ;o) My face just looks exhausted. Carrying around the spawn will do that, I guess....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: