Monday, December 10, 2007

good news

The appointment went well today...the issue with the kidneys, if not resolved on its own, will probably require some antibiotics for the baby after she's born. I'll meet with the pediatric urologist next week and he'll recommend a plan of action for the pediatrician (don't have one yet...if you are local and can suggest one, please do!), they'll check her out after birth, and that's it. I did get a couple of ultrasound pictures but they're not 4-D and she's so big they didn't come out clearly, so there's really no point in posting them. That's pretty much it.

I did have a really scary dream last night: I dreamed I woke up in a hospital bed, I was really sore so apparently I'd had the baby but nobody was there...no doctors, nurses, or husband; and no baby. I dragged myself out into the hallway to look for a doctor but all I could find was a cleaning lady, and all she did was come to my room and start mopping. The floor was disgusting and grimy, and I was really upset that I'd apparently been in a filthy room. I kept trying to find a doctor but nobody would help me and I couldn't find Craig or the baby...I finally got a hold of my mom and one of my brothers but they were in Illinois and didn't have anything helpful to say. I finally woke up when Jack started to cough/choke/heave loudly. Ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa,
This is Kristie (Bredamus) Ansley. Even though we haven't been able to get together, I have been following your blog and am very amused... you are a very entertaining writer. I just wanted to tell you that we go to Wake Forest Pediatrics and I love them. My favorite is Dr. Davis (woman), but most other people that I've talked to (i.e. two of my neighbors and a family at church) love Dr. Ercolino (man). We've seen several of the doctors in the practice and I've found them to be very attentive and informative. The office is really nice too... very clean with fun decorations (important because, unfortunately, you end up spending a lot of time there for when you think your kid has an ear infection and doesn't, when your kid actually gets the ear infection, and then when you have to go back just to make sure, for your own sanity, that the ear infection has gone away).
I would love to get together sometime. I know you are busy with all of the preparations for Ava, but if you happen to have some time and would want to hang out, let me know.
Good luck with everything.
Kristie

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

Thanks for the tip, I'll check them out! We'll definitely get together one of these days...I do have a long vacation coming up! ;)