Saturday, December 1, 2007

New Toys

My birthday was last Tuesday (officially the last one I want to acknowledge!) and it was pretty low-key...we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner, and then just hung out at home and watched TV...Craig gave me something I've been running my mouth about for the past six months or so: a video camera! I have one that's about 10 years old or so, and it's huge and does those little VHS tapes that you need an adapter to watch, so we really didn't use it. (Plus, what were we supposed to videotape? Ourselves, sitting on the couch and eating dinner? The cats?) Now that we'll have a kid, I really wanted a good one so I can be the annoying video-camera parent. ;o) (I refuse to be Soccer Mom or Minivan Mom....I have to have something mommy-ish; besides, with so many relatives far away, it makes sense to record the things they'll miss.) Anyhow we've used it once thus far, we recorded each other acting like idiots and making hot chocolate, and the cats whining by the back door. That's just so sad. (I should also say that I got two other gifts--The Chronicles of Narnia, which I've been wanting to read for ages but never have, and the latest Die Hard movie. Yeah!!!)

ANYHOW, at the beginning of the week, Craig also broke down and bought himself--errr, I mean, "us", a fancy new TV. Flat screen something-or-other. He's wanted one for a million years and has spent about the same amount of time bugging me about whether or not he should get one. I didn't really feel like we needed one but finally have just said yes, please get it so I don't have to hear about it any more! So he bought one on Monday. And yesterday, he returned it. ARGH!!!! Hopefully it's out of his system now. Last night, we did invest in a Tassimo beverage maker:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's a Christmas present to ourselves and would seem like an unnecessary appliance if we didn't drink an abnormal amount of tea, cappuccino, and hot chocolate...it's great because there's no mess involved whatsoever, you just put in the little packet of whatever you want to drink and press the button. It brews in a few seconds, so I can actually have a cup of tea BEFORE work if I want...nice. (I never eat or drink before work...I also shower and dry my hair at night because I have compacted my morning routine to the smallest possible amount of time because I hate getting up. We have to be at work by 7:15am which means that I like to get there no later than 7:05, and I live 15-20 minutes away, depending on whether or not I get stuck driving behind a moron.)

That's really about it...sorry I'm not more interesting, and have nothing baby related to report, other than the fact that for some reason I'm sleeping better but getting more scatterbrained by the minute. Example: instead of putting down "cottage cheese" on my grocery list, I typed "cottage twins" and I didn't even notice until this morning. I have no clue where it came from...Craig was talking to me at the time so maybe I started typing something from the conversation? I don't know.

No comments: