Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Quick Update

Well, it appears as though the issue with the baby's kidneys has not resolved itself so we will be going to Duke on Monday to see a specialist who will be able to give us more information. Then it's back to the doctor next Thursday...I have to start going every week now. I thought maybe they'd let me hold off until we're tracked out, but no such luck...apparently when it gets down to this point, they say "come in" and you just do it.

Also, she's weighing in at slightly more than 6lbs. according to the ultrasound tech's measurements. (and no, we didn't get pictures....it was a different tech and he was all business. So no fun extra 4-D pics. But he did use me as a guinea pig to train someone else on the ultrasound machine, which means the exam was extra-long, and he was jabbing my abdomen so hard with the wand I didn't know if I should pass out, throw up, or pee in my pants, since I hadn't yet given my urine sample. Seriously...I'm so over this.) ANYHOW I cried when I heard the weight...I was only 5 1/2 lbs. at birth, and I was on time and healthy! What am I having, a baby ELEPHANT?!?! Then the doctor pointed out that 6lbs. five weeks before delivery isn't that big, she's only in the 64th percentile, so that put it into perspective and made me feel a little better.

That's all. I'm not feeling chatty. I'm showering and eating and going to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you on Monday! I'm sure everything is fine.

You are so close! Blink your eyes and you will have that beautiful baby girl in your arms. :]