Went to the doctor yesterday for the first of my once-a-week appointments...he checked to see if I was dilated and though things are progressing, nothing yet. Not that I expected anything this early...but I have decided it's about time to get this thing over with. The baby can come next Friday or later, that way Craig will be home from his business trip and the few things I have to do will be done. Oh yeah, and apparently my birth center does not do the walking epidural. So, if I get one, I'm confined to the bed and doomed to be catheterized. You know, these options are not very appealing...basically I'm being told that I'm going to be in such excruciating pain, that a needle to the spine and a tube up the urethra are going to be preferable to it. WONDERFUL!
Ah well...it's not all bad. The doctor *did* say that with way I'm built, I shouldn't have trouble with the labor or delivery (doctors aren't allowed to lie, right?). And, today kicks off track-out! Woohoo! I can turn off the alarm clock, put my giant swollen sausage-looking feet up, and relax! Even if I don't deliver early and return in January, it will only be for a few days and then I'm out until April...and sleep deprivation and dirty diapers seem a LOT more appealing than dealing with a couple of the parents I've dealt with lately. (Come to think of it, the excruciating pain/needle in the spine/tube up the urethra all sound more appealing as well....) Seriously. I'll keep out the details but I have a few suggestions:
1.) If you have an issue with something, please speak to me about it when it happens. Not months later.
2.) I am so organized it's almost pathetic. If your child is not, and something goes missing, guess what probably happened...
3.) I'm not speaking Chinese. I can assure you, I am speaking in plain English. So when I explain something to you using that plain English, please pay attention so I don't end up repeating the same thing over and over.
4.) Taking on a bossy, entitled tone and giving me orders gets you nowhere.
5.) Neither does going above my head (especially for something petty)...I am a cautious person and I cover my butt, which means before I've made a decision, I've already talked to the powers that be about that decision.
I should start teaching orphans...that would make my job so much easier!
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
How RUDE of those parents. Typical... end of the quarter. At least you're on vacation now! You need to put up one of those polls on your blog where we can guess when the baby will come. In case you are looking for things to do to keep you busy. :]
Post a Comment