This weekend, I was hit by an uncontrollable desire to get ready for Christmas. It was less about the spirit of the season and more about going totally insane, I think. Anyhow, as a result I am done with all but a few tiny odds and ends of my Christmas shopping, and I have written out, sealed, and stamped all of our Christmas cards. All of them. Friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, you name it...done. (They won't go in the mail until we get a little closer to Christmas, though...and I am baking my usual Christmas bread for the neighbors but that can't be done until I'm ready to deliver those cards.) Today I am going to drag out the decorations: I'd like to start early because usually I take everything down on New Year's Day, but this year I want it down before then so I can have the house back in order long before our due date...I'm also not doing as much decorating this year...I don't go crazy anyhow, but I'm just going to do the tree, a few strings of lights on the porch railings outside, wreaths on the doors, and a couple of things here and there inside. Oh, and probably those candles in the windows.
In other news that's equally disturbing and a little disgusting, back in September my mother-in-law gave us a really pretty framed picture for the baby's room that says "Ways to Welcome a Baby" and then goes through twenty-six ways, A to Z. (Keep reading, that's not the disturbing or disgusting part.) Today, Jack and Toby decided to contribute their own way of welcoming the baby, to be filed under the letter "V"...for "Vomiting on the carpet in the baby's room." Thanks, guys. :-P
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment