Wednesday, January 9, 2008

THE NEWS WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!

Didn't make it to the doctor today. I made it to the hospital...not to the doctor...long story short, Ava Catherine has finally made her appearance! She's 21 inches long, and weighed in at a massive 8 lbs. 13 oz....I'll save the details of *that* experience for another post! 17 hours of labor, 1.5 hours of heavy pushing, and her official birthday is January 8, 2008, 8:49pm. The kid is apparently fond of the number "8." Why not...

Baby Ava! She's a little lumpy-looking now but I'm sure her head and face will go back to a normal shape after a few days. ;o)

Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Ava! Yay Melissa!

SHE'S FREAKING ADORABLE! I can't wait to see more, but rest and take care of that baby and recouperate as best you can. Love you guys!

- Anna

Emily Glover said...

YAY! Congratulations!! She's beautiful. And 1/8 is my grandfather's AND Elvis's birthday! Good day! Can't wait for more details.

MMS said...

YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is definitely her Daddy's daughter--those ultrasound pics are pretty accurate, huh? :) She's beautiful--good job, Mommy!

Anonymous said...

It's also David Bowie's birthday. She is a musical kid! I loved hearing her on the phone last night, yay MOM! Yay Ava! I can't wait to see more pics.

- Anna

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

Thank you all so much...the last 48 hours have been quite the adventure! ;-) I also have to apologize because I KNOW other people left comments but I can't see them, which means I probably hit the wrong button when I tried to approve them! :-( So thanks to Christie, Fuzz, and Jen too!
I'll do a real birth day post soon, right now my drugs are kicking in and I'm fading fast...

Shirley said...

Congratulations, Cuz! She's beautiful! Love of the name "Ava" must run in the family. Every computer game I play, my name is Ava. LOL

I was going to say I can't wait to see her, but we're on opposite sides of the country now so who knows when that will be. Please keep the pictures a-comin'!

Congratulations again to you and Criag!

Bad Doggy's Big Sister, Don't-call-me-Shirley.