Friday, January 4, 2008

One week!

So, regardless of whether or not she chooses to come on her own or waits until she's evicted...by this time next week we will have our baby! :o) It was actually nice being able to have today baby-free (thus far)...I went in to work and served my time for the workday (it would've been a shame to waste a maternity day or sick day on it, since it's such a breeze), and found that one of the benefits of working with an almost all-female staff is that they know way more than I do about the baby stuff. They all agree that the first doctor should NOT have put me on labor watch without telling me that lots of women walk around dilated for weeks before giving birth, and a few of them checked out the belly and have confirmed that the baby has dropped. I also got to share my misery with other people who understand, which is always good! ;o)

Anyhow, Craig and I also worked in a nice dinner at Bella Monica and I was able to test the dropped-baby theory by seeing exactly how much food I could stuff in my stomach, and it turned out to be a considerable amount: iced tea, fresh mozzarella, bread, po crostini (like a bruschetta with cannelloni beans and asiago instead of tomatoes), a chopped salad, and olive oil gelato for dessert. Wish I could've had a nice glass of wine with it but that's okay!

My parents arrive early tomorrow evening...I'd like to think that perhaps Ava was waiting for her grandparents before arriving, but I doubt it. They'll get here and nothing will happen, except I'll swear that I can hear her laughing at me. :-P She must know how many people are anticipating her arrival, so she's dragging out the suspense as long as possible. Again--I don't do suspense or surprises--so this is something she must be getting from Craig.

Anyhow, that's it, I'm going to go about my evening routine of making sure the house is clean, doing a small load of laundry, and then showering and drying my hair before bed...all the little things I'd want done if we suddenly had to up and leave in the middle of the night. Jack is sitting here on my computer desk looking for attention, so I guess I should give him some. If you can actually call a cat "clingy" that's exactly what he's been for about a week now...he follows me EVERYWHERE and is always looking for some attention, even if it's just to be picked up and carried around, which isn't normal for him, at least not this much. I'm pretty sure he knows something is up.

1 comment:

Emily Glover said...

I'm so excited for you! I was just talking about you with Matt last night at dinner. I told him how I keep checking your blog for updates. :]

How cute that Jack knows something is going on!

I'm so glad you have all of those knowledgeable women at FA to get advice from!