Friday, January 18, 2008

My Favorite Baby Things

Babies require a ridiculous amount of products to keep them healthy and happy...and keep in mind, this is coming from someone who feels like she didn't register for a lot of the "extras"...over the past ten days there are a few products I've especially liked. (I already knew that I'd like and need certain things like the Boppy pillow for nursing, etc.) Anyhow, here they are:

1.) Bobby Luxe Infant Lounger
This is not something I registered for, in fact, I never even heard of it until someone sent it to us as a gift about a week ago. This is the green "pod" that Ava is laying on in a few of the pictures in the last post. It basically looks like a big, soft Boppy pillow without the hole in it, and the baby just lays on it. We've had her on it constantly since we got it and she's always cozy and content. (She's on the couch next to me in it right now :o) If you are having a baby, I highly recommend registering for it!

Photobucket



2.) Baby hats
These are a given since babies have trouble regulating their body temperature and lose a lot of heat through their heads...especially if your kid is born in the winter it's nice to have a few on hand. Plus, unless your baby was small and came out quickly or was delivered via C-section, he or she will probably have a lumpy conehead for awhile. Hide it. (Ava didn't have it TOO bad and her head is pretty much the normal shape now, but it's freezing here so she's keeping the hats on for awhile yet!)

Photobucket



3.) Carter's Receiving Blankets
They are pretty and lightweight and make it easy to swaddle the baby...I actually like them better than the pre-made swaddlers, even though those are nice and convenient too. I just liked the receiving blankets more than I thought I would. Plus they can double as burp cloths. (All right...at this point, just about anything can double as a burp cloth. Ask me how many times my cute black shirt got barfed on yesterday.)

Photobucket



4.) Nuk pacifiers
We don't want Ava walking around with pacifiers when she's four years old or anything but for now, they're wonderful...she usually just uses one to soothe herself for a few minutes before spitting it out, which is good. I like the Nuk ones best...I don't know why. She got a MAM one from the hospital but the nipple isn't as good.

Photobucket



5.) Burt's Bees Baby Bee products
I could tell you that I'm addicted to these products because they're all-natural, yadda yadda...but the truth is they just smell wonderful. Who cares if they're way more expensive than normal baby products...this is my first kid, I'll be practical with the next one! (Don't worry, Anna--I'm not going to be constantly sniffing my kid like that one lady.... ;o)

Photobucket



So what's my least favorite baby item thus far? Definitely the breast pump. I really thought that the breastfeeding would be weird and the pump would be my best friend but it's totally the other way around...I pumped yesterday and that thing is SCARY, and it hurt. Unfortunately, I seem to be producing more milk than your average dairy farm (that's actually a good thing because I never have to worry about whether or not I am providing enough nourishment for my baby), so I'm going to have to pump a lot. Ugh. I've already started freezing bags of milk so that Craig will be able to help with feedings.

No comments: