Here are some more pictures of Ava's first week home. Between the two sets of grandparents there are many more, but this is all I have time for right now! Things are getting a lot more settled around here...I'm able to sleep much better between feedings, and Ava is a remarkably good baby: she only screams at bath time (we can't give her real baths yet because of the cord stump, when we can actually sit her in the warm water she'll do better) and during most diaper changes (poor thing has a bad rash already) , she eats about every four hours, and sometimes longer. I've been setting my alarm every 4 1/2 hours so that if she is in a deep sleep I can wake her up to eat, which I guess is what you are supposed to do with newborns. We go for her two week checkup on Tuesday so if she's gaining good weight I may stop doing that at night, or go for every five hours. She usually wakes on her own between 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours though. Nursing is still going well for both of us, Craig is anxious for me to start pumping so that he can take part in feedings too, but that has to wait until she's used to the real thing for awhile.
BubbleShare: Share photos - Safe Toys
Please note...in the pictures where she is sitting in the sun, I'm not torturing her for the sake of a photo op...she had a high level of bilirubin when she was born, this has something to do with jaundice, which is not good. The doctor told us that putting her in the sunlight helps break down the bilirubin, so we did just that. The sunglasses were a fun touch, though. ;o)
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
BoazMe. . .you're making me cry - over your BLOG. . .this is so uncalled for. . .she's precious!
She is so beautiful!!!! Thank you so much for more photos, I know you guys have your hands full.
Missa, that is TOTALLY your kid! 9 months of darkness and that baby felt so pale she felt she needed to have a problem that only sunlight will solve! You are such a sun baby yourself, she just wanted to catch up on the tan!
=)
- Anna
Congratulations!!! She is gorgeous! I especially loved the pictures of her in Bears gear, very cute. :)
Love ya,
Kathie :)
Post a Comment