Well, the first day of day care is behind us and it actually went very well. Craig went with me because I knew I'd be upset...we dropped Ava off at 6:30am and talked to the teachers for a couple of minutes but didn't linger too long. I waited to cry until we got to the parking lot and continued to cry all the way to work but after that was fine. I felt very comfortable with where we left her, I was just sad to be leaving her in the first place. The day was fine--they told me I could call as often as I wanted to check on her but I don't want to be that parent; plus if I called and they told me she was crying a lot I'd feel awful. Anyhow, picked her up around 3:30 (left work the minute I could, it won't always be quite that early) and when I got there she was sitting contentedly in a bouncy chair and looking around. Other than refusing to take her morning bottle (took the afternoon one fine), they said she did great! Was a little upset by the noise from the other babies at first but then was okay. She was all smiles and babbling when I picked her up, so that's good. :o) She only took two small naps, neither one in the afternoon, though--when we got home I sat her up on the couch so I could get a bottle started and thirty seconds later she was fast asleep. Poor baby!
Anyhowwwww....she napped for about thirty minutes, I gave her a bottle and put her on her baby gym so I could start dinner and she napped again. This was good except for the fact that I wanted to play with her for awhile! Oh well--eventually she'll learn to take her afternoon nap at day care and I'll get to spend more awake time with her. We were all set for an early bed time (7:15) but she randomly did one of those giant barfs all over me (no crying or fussing, she just calmly hurled up everything she ate) so I didn't get her down until 8pm but she went right down...woohoo! Got up at 5am this morning (which is better than 4am yesterday!) and even though I'd like her to sleep until 6am it was fine, I just fed her and put her back down until I was ready to leave. Second day and I already feel like a pro at this, not a single tear when I dropped her off. :o)
OH in other news...we have a tooth! Last night when I was rubbing her gums with a damp washcloth (the dentist told me to do this whenever I bathe her) I felt it poking up through the bottom gums. It's really not visible yet but I'll have pictures when it is! Hopefully that's why she's been fussing at bedtime and this is the end of it. Until the next tooth, anyhow...
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I'm glad her first day went well...for both of you.
AHA! The tooth. I bet that's what has been making her sleep a little crazy.
She's too young now, but when she gets older try those mesh feeders when she's teething. I put frozen pieces of fruit in there. Makes a big mess, but it helps.
Post a Comment