Friday, April 18, 2008

Ahhhh....the weekend!

Good or bad, the week is now over and although the pressures of being a parent are ever present (and that's okay), the pressure of work is off, at least for the next 48 hours. :o) A few people have suggested a book--can't remember the exact title and I'm too lazy to check the comments to see ;o)--that I should read that has to do with babies and sleep. The principal at school, who's son is two weeks older than Ava, puts him down really early and it seems to go well, so I'm going to try doing the same. I KNOW she's just getting too tired and we just have to tweak her schedule so we can get her down before she gets to the point of being overtired and going totally insane.

Anyhow--from the beginning of Ava's feeding this evening until she went down took about an hour, which is somewhat better, but we still didn't get her down as early as I would've liked. I did give her a bottle (mostly milk with a little formula) and then topped it off with about 15 minutes of nursing, more for the comfort factor than anything else, and that was good because she can finish off a bottle pretty quickly, as opposed to nursing for about an hour. Put her down, she ended up screaming, let it go until she got too worked up and then nursed her for about ten minutes (I always fear I haven't fed her enough, which is probably stupid) and when she seemed calm I slipped the pacifier into her mouth and put her in the crib. Fussed for about thirty seconds, spit out the pacifier in favor of her thumb, and nearly an hour or later is still out. Whew. We were going to watch a movie but I really think I'm going to call it a night.

In other news, Craig dumped an entire plate of food in my lap this evening when we went out to dinner. (By "out to dinner" I mean Moe's, because we're no longer capable of going out for real unless a grandparent is in town and watches Ava. We're stuck at Moe's and other glorified fast food joints with all the other parents of small children (most of them running around and screaming while their stupid parents sit there and stuff their faces) until we feel Ava is old enough for baby-sitters. Anyhow, the food...yes. I don't just get pooped on and barfed on by the baby, I have my husband throwing plates of quesadillas in my lap. It wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't thought it was so freaking funny. I personally was not laughing.

Oh yes...I dropped off Ava's supplies at day care. Again, it seems fine as far as day cares go but I still cried on the way home. Monday is going to really suck.

2 comments:

MMS said...

OK . . . the book is _Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child_. It is like my Bible when it comes to sleep and Noah! It's GREAT and so practical. I got my copy at Target, and I think they keep them there in stock.

I just read your last post and remember going through a smiliar experience with Noah when I first went back to work. Look back at my blog archives of last April--scroll down to April 12 and read our story. I don't think there was any real solution other than putting him down earlier until we finally ended up at a 6 pm bedtime. It limits our time with him, but the time we do have with him is real quality time because he's not cranky or fussy.

Anyways, I must admit--I laughed about the plate of quesadillas incident . . .

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.