Saturday, April 5, 2008

this is going to be the death of me....

I'm referring to the scrapbook I've been diligently putting together, of course. At first I was afraid it would be one of those projects I'd have good intentions about completing but never really get around to but the opposite is true: I can't put it down!!! Last night I put Ava down around 9pm and she went with only minimal fussy noises so I was going to touch up a few things and then shower and go to bed. That "touch up" session turned into almost three hours of work! I've really enjoyed going through the photos (I swear, I still tear up when I see the pictures of Ava immediately following her birth) and putting them in the scrapbook with all of the pretty paper, stickers, etc. It starts with a picture of Craig holding the pregnancy test and so far has pictures of my growing baby gut, the baby showers, putting together the nursery, Ava's arrival/our stay in the hospital, and then I stepped out of order for a moment and put together a page of Ava in the bathtub. My next task is to do a page or two of the weekend following her birth when all of the grandparents were here. Anyhow, I'm very proud of the work I've done, it looks great! So much more fun to look at then just a plain album....it's just costing me many hours of much-needed sleep! ;o) My progress is going to be a lot slower not that I'm going back to work (thank goodness, I need to pay for all these scrapbooking supplies somehow) but I still plan on doing it on the weekends because it's something I really enjoy.


No comments: