This week was a hectic one, but overall was not bad. Going back to work was both enjoyable and exhausting, but having my mom here to help out made it bearable, and provided a nice transition between being at home with Ava and putting her in day care (that will happen in another week). On Thursday, my cousin Leslie (I haven't seen her since Christmas 2004) flew in to surprise her parents, who live nearby, and we all had dinner at our house...it was great to see everyone! Last night, Craig and I went on a "date"--out to Mimi's Cafe, which would have been nice if we hadn't left our kid at home with my mom only to be surrounded by everyone else's screaming brats. I say "screaming brats" because we're not talking about fussy babies, we're talking about kids in the 4- to 7-year-old range who certainly know better. I wanted to punch their stupid parents in the head, but that's just because I'm cranky and violent. ;o) The food and the time with Craig was good...we decided to skip dessert so we could escape Brat Central and stopped by Starbucks instead, and then drove around and scoped out some houses. We definitely can't afford them but it was nice to look! Today my mom and I went to church--debated taking Ava with but left her with Craig instead, which is a good thing since she had a severe diaper malfunction during that time and I certainly wouldn't have wanted to deal with it out in public. Oh well! Now, I'm just putting off getting prepared for another week of work, but I should think about doing that now. Here are some pictures that I've taken over the past two weeks: there are more from the dinner with the relatives, but some of them are still in an email from my aunt and some are still on my mom's camera, so they'll be posted some other time.
BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I LOVE THAT!!! The picture of a freezer full of Mommy's milk & "got milk?" is so funny.
Post a Comment