Tuesday, April 8, 2008

not so bad after all :-P

Thank you all for you comments...I'm doing much better now! :o) Unfortunately it's because my formerly angelic little sleeper has suddenly turned on me. Normally I feed Ava and she's down by 9pm, and sleeps for about 9 or 10 hours. Sunday night she screamed her head off when I tried to put her down. I tried letting her cry, I tried going in and patting and shushing her, I tried letting her eat for a few minutes, EVERYTHING. It was almost midnight when I finally went to bed but the kid was still up, my mom just ordered me to bed and she took over. I still couldn't sleep while she was crying, and she didn't go down until 1am...so I had four hours of sleep for my first day back at work. She pulled the same crap last night, but this time I got smart and went to bed at 9:30 when my mom told me to (I'm pretty sure I heard her get up with the kid at 3:30 as well...WHAT THE HECK????!!). Anyhow, I am too exhausted and irritated to be that hung up on missing her at the moment! We have one week to get her to snap out of it and then I'm screwed because my mom is leaving. I absolutely will not be able to survive like this for long on my own. It's pretty rotten that since 7 weeks her sleep has gotten better and better and with the exception of two nights a few weeks ago, she's at least gone down without a hitch....yet she chooses the EXACT MOMENT I go back to work to freak out. I wouldn't even mind if she got up in the middle of the night for a feeding IF SHE WOULD JUST GO TO SLEEP IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!! How the heck do I get her to go to sleep? Am I not letting her cry enough? Because I can only let it go so long when it's that screaming....just crying or whimpering I let her do.

ANYHOW at least I did enjoy being back at work. It was a great day, even though I had to start it with a big cup of coffee instead of the usual herbal tea. Pumping at work is time consuming and not fun (obviously!) so I'm pretty happy that I only planned on doing it this quarter....only 41 more school days until summer break!

No comments: