Sunday, February 3, 2008

it goes by so fast...

I can't believe Ava is almost four weeks old...it's gone by so quickly...for almost four weeks our entire lives have revolved around this baby and, more specifically, her feeding schedule. Anyhow, last night I fed her at 12:45am, put her down at 1:30am, and she slept until 5:45am! That was five hours between feedings, which means I got about four straight hours of sleep! SCORE! She might have gone longer but I kind of panicked when I woke up and heard no sounds from the baby monitor...I went into her room but couldn't hear if she was breathing because the stupid heater is so loud so I touched her hand, and she woke up. Tonight I will know better.

Anyhow, Craig is home almost all week so that will be good! We survived our first night without my mom and are actually doing quite well (yeah, it's only been less than two days, but still...) so I'm feeling a lot more confident at this point. On Tuesday we have Ava's voiding cystogram to settle once and for all what is going on with her kidneys, so pray that everything goes well! Not only with the procedure itself, but that both Ava and mommy can keep it together...I'd rather get a hundred shots (and I HATE SHOTS) than see my baby get poked with needles or have tubes stuck in her. :-(

That's about all I have time for...I'm going to post the three week pictures and see if I can squeeze in a shower before the next feeding! We're currently watching the Super Bowl (hate the Patriots, so we're cheering for the Giants by default...I really only watched the darn thing for the Tom Petty halftime show....AWESOME. I have to miss the Bon Jovi concert in March but I am NOT missing Tom Petty in July! There are some things one just does not sacrifice when one becomes a mother, and Tom Petty concerts are one of them.... ;o)

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

4 comments:

Emily Glover said...

I was thinking of you during the Tom Petty halftime show! Wow, how about that game!

Great pictures! Keep 'em coming. She's getting bigger!

Anonymous said...

She's getting so big! I love the picture of her sleeping soundly with her head hanging over your arm...now that is one tired kid!

Hope you enjoyed the Tom Petty halftime show. I was so excited when I realized they were performing. Somehow I missed that tidbit up until halftime itself! Where was I? Oh well, it was good. And what a game, right?!? Yay Giants!

Keep posting the pictures! I love getting a chance to check in!

Kathie :)

Anonymous said...

Ava just gets cuter and cuter! I'll be thinking about you guys during her doctor visit. Believe me, honey, I know all about what it's like having your tiny baby prodded and poked. If you need someone to sob to, call me. I'm here for you.

One thing I don't understand: how can you bypass Jon for Tom? ARE YOU MENTAL?

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

I have to bypass Jon because that idiot is playing in March, an hour and a half away...I just can't swing it, I'd have to stay overnight near where he was playing. And I'd probably have to pump during the concert as well...UGH. Tom, on the other hand, will be here in town in July...hooray!!! :o) It's closer, and at an earlier time, and Ava will be older, so it works. Plus, Jon may be hotter but I love Tom's music more...