Saturday, February 23, 2008

WOW.

Craig's sister sent us this baby picture of him yesterday:

Photobucket


When I first saw it, I was very confused...why had I never seen that picture of my daughter before, and what was she wearing?? Then I realized who it was...I know she looks like him but OH MY GOODNESS! I can't get over how much they look alike.

Anyhow, things are plugging along here...everything went well at the doctor yesterday, they did an ultrasound of her tailbone (she practically slept through it) and it looks just fine so that's good. She was mellow the rest of the day for me (I got to clean the house, make dinner, and relax!) but then towards the evening and until about midnight she went back to fussing. I know it shouldn't get to me since she's otherwise calm, but it does....having Craig here makes things about 90% better though. He was gone all week and on Thursday night, I just couldn't take the fussiness anymore and had an epic meltdown on the phone with him, crying and saying I was never having any more kids because it was too hard for one person to handle (again--I don't know how single moms do it!). Yesterday we just handed her back and forth while she fussed so we could eat, get things done, etc. and then he sent me to bed around 11pm and stayed up until she got over the fussies and put her to bed at midnight. Gave her the 4am feeding, too. (I'm not letting him do any more night feedings though--he stayed up from midnight until 4 o'clock because he said he felt bad going to bed while he was on duty!!! YEESH! So, as long as he can help out during the day I am fine with night feedings. Those don't bother me....the incessant fussing is what makes me cry.)

There is good news though--Ava finally likes her swing! I was getting really frustrated because she would scream whenever we put her in the swing, or one of the carriers (I have a Snugli carrier and one that's more like a sling...I was hoping I could just wear her wherever I went, because it would keep my hands free) so basically we had to hold her or put her on the Boppy cushion or she'd shriek like she was being murdered. Two days ago I finally had enough because I HAD TO EAT SOMETHING so I tried adjusting the angle of the seat on the swing and for some reason, that's all it took. Now we can put her in it and she doesn't even have to be sleepy, she just chills out and looks around, or eventually falls asleep--I can get at least an hour of peace that way, most of the time. YAY!

All right...here are some pictures of Ava taken from weeks 4-6:

BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.

1 comment:

JOD said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe how much Ava looks like Craig in that picture from Kelly.
The announcement was precious. She's adorable. Thanks for sending it to us :)
And I totally sympathize with you about the crying. Hearing your baby cry gets to you like nothing else in the world can and when you can't "fix" it...even more frustrating! It gets better/easier, I promise. I'm glad she likes the swing now, that should help too.