Thursday, February 7, 2008

insomnia

Ava slept like a champ last night....fed her around 10:30pm, once down she didn't get up again until a little after 4am. Fed her again and put her down even though her eyes were wide open and she was looking around...she must be learning what "bedtime" means, because she went down with hardly a fuss and didn't get up until 8:30am. Mommy, however, did NOT sleep very well. Don't know why. Should've been a great night...the kid did her part. Don't know what was wrong with me...oh well. She usually crashes pretty good in the afternoon so I guess I'll be napping.

EDIT: Today I feel a little less guilty about returning to work: this staying at home thing is going to eventually drive me batty, I think. Who knows? Some days it's wonderful and I feel like I could do it permanently, sometimes it just feels tedious. I could change my mind again and feel completely different tomorrow...there are pros and cons on both sides for sure.

1 comment:

Emily Glover said...

I hope your sleep improves.

I would probably feel the same way about work. I never really experienced the public schools in the Raleigh area, but I'm guessing that FA is a much better place to be.

I think I would also have trouble with the not making my own money thing.

Anyway, you will make the right decision. At least you only have a few months left of this year after you go back. Of course when you're on year-round, that doesn't matter much. :]