There was a shooting today at Northern Illinois University, as of this post there are four dead and eighteen injured. That is horrible in and of itself, but to make matters worse my youngest brother goes to school at NIU and the shooting happened out in front of his dorm and in the building across from it...luckily, he decided to detour today and go out to his car in the parking lot and was out of harm's way. I'm thanking God so much right now for keeping him safe, and praying for the victims and their families. :-(
In family news, not much happening--Ava's still a little mucus-y but getting better, she's back to getting good sleep at night and I'm starting to see a pattern in her fussy-awake-asleep schedule. Doesn't go very long between daytime feedings but that's okay! Her morning awake time is usually mellow enough that I can get myself ready for the day while she chills on my bed in her Boppy pod. We didn't do too much for Valentine's Day but I'm not big on the holiday, it just seems too forced--"YOU MUST BE ROMANTIC TODAY OR YOU ARE A BAD PERSON! BUY JEWELRY! BUY CANDY! BUY FLOWERS! BUY TEDDY BEARS!" ...BLEH. Ava got pink roses from Mommy and Daddy, and I made a nice dinner for Craig and me: salad, fillet mignon, baked potatoes, and his favorite dessert: homemade chocolate mousse. We do cards as well but that's about it. I'll post a picture or two of Ava in her Valentine onesie from Grandma Pat and her Valentine bib from Grandma Cathy...but it may be a few days!
All right--I gave the kid a bottle earlier so now it's time for me to hit the pump for awhile. Ugh.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh my god, that's so scary! I'm glad he's ok!
Anna
Thank GOD that nothing happened! I'm glad your brother is doing all right.
I don't know what to say, I'm just glad he's all right.
I keep meaning to send you all an e-mail, and then I forget.
I'm *SO* glad to hear Billy's okay. My mom forwarded me the e-mail from your mom and I just couldn't believe it.
My best friend has a couple co-workers whose families didn't fare as well as Billy. One family member was shot in the arm and leg and had to undergo surgery because she ultimately had no feeling in her arm. The other girl was shot in the stomach and the only reason she's alive is because the person who was sitting in her regular seat
was killed. No explanation for why she wasn't in her seat that day.
Post a Comment