Kid is fussing. I'm getting minimal sleep. Such is my life at the moment....now I understand why they have all of those giant posters up in the maternity wing of the hospital that say, "NEVER SHAKE A BABY!" If it can be frustrating for me--someone who is financially, maritally, and mentally stable (stop laughing)--to deal with fussing and no sleep, I can't imagine what it's like for a 16-year-old single mother or someone who's a little bit not right in the head. I'm not anywhere near that point, I'm just saying that now I see how some people can get there.
That's really about it--Craig's parents are visiting which means Ava is getting to see some of her New Jersey grandparents so that's nice, except she's been so fussy. Crossing my fingers for sleep tonight, last night she only went three hours between feedings (I think I got 4-5 hours, tops, of sleep) and today she's only cat-napped. NOT COOL.
Still trying to work out the child care situation for 4th quarter. Don't want to do day care until July but can't seem to find someone to baby sit for those 8 weeks....my mom can help us for a month so I actually just need to find someone for 4-5 weeks but no luck so far (okay, I had a couple of ideas but Craig shot them down, I may just have to put my foot down on this).
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
HANG IN THERE! The wakefulness and fussiness peaks at 6 weeks, so you should some remarkable improvements around week 8-9. We've always said that we understand how people get to the breaking point with a baby. With Noah's persistent ear infections (meaning napping struggles, night-waking, and overall hell for us) we totally understand how a person with no support would lose it. Anyways, hang in there for another 2-3 weeks! I'm sure you're doing a great job!
Mary
Post a Comment