Wednesday, February 6, 2008

guilt trip

Lately I've been feeling kind of guilty about going back to work in April--I know Ava will be a little bigger so she won't be such a helpless little thing but still. (Not to mention, I'm totally anal and a control freak so leaving her with other people is going to be a thousand times worse than leaving my classroom with another person.) I've considered talking to Craig about trying to swing me staying home for a year or so, but the financial burden isn't what worries me--we could do it--the problem is that I'd never be able to get back into the awesome school I currently teach at. So, I'd be out a good job and stuck going back to a regular public school, and my kids wouldn't stand a chance of getting into the aforementioned awesome place where I teach. (Plus I'd have a hard time not earning my own money...I know that in a marriage it's not really MY money or HIS money, and when one parent gives up their career to raise the kids the working parent should share his or her salary with the at-home parent, but it's hard for me. I wouldn't have a problem buying food and paying bills but what if I wanted to go out to lunch with a friend or buy new clothes? I think that a stay-at-home parent should have that right but it would be very hard for me to do it with money I didn't make at a job away from home.) So, that's that. Guilt or no guilt, ready or not, I'll be re-entering the work force in another nine weeks.

On an entirely different subject, a few people have mentioned wanting actual copies for themselves of pictures I've posted in slideshows. If you want one, all you have to do is right click on the picture, then click "open image in new window." When the picture appears in a new window, right click on it and then click "save image as." You can save it and print it or whatever. :o) Enjoy!

No comments: