Thursday, July 21, 2011

Two Month Stats

We had CJ's two month checkup today, and I have one healthy and (usually) happy little boy! He weighs 12 lbs, 3 oz. (55th percentile) and is 22 inches long (20th percentile)...teeny tiny! Well, teeny tiny compared to his sister: at her two month checkup, Ava weighed in at 13 lbs, 11.5 oz and was 24.25 inches long--both 97th percentile! WOW! Anyhow, CJ got three vaccinations today (one oral, two shots) and the doctor said this could cause him to be a little fussier than usual. "A little fussier" apparently means "screaming bloody murder for most of the day." Poor baby! Not only was he obviously in pain from the shots, but the doctor confirmed what I suspected, he does seem to be teething. Too young for Tylenol or Motrin (and he can't have Orajel either) so he just has to tough it out. I spent the majority of the late afternoon/evening wearing him in the Moby, he in his diaper and me in just a bra (skin contact is supposed to be soothing, it seemed to help) and that calmed him somewhat but he still had crying/screaming fits. I did get him down to sleep at the normal time, so now I'm going to soak in the tub and have a small glass of wine....my nerves are shot and my body aches from cooking and cleaning while wearing a baby, even if he is only of moderate size. ;o)

Not much exciting going on here, but if you check back in the next few days I'm going to have some snarky commentary (with pictures!) regarding Barbie dolls I saw at Target today. All I'm going to say is that they made me want to weep for the future of humanity....

No comments: