Monday, July 18, 2011

Ava-isms

I really should post more of the things Ava says and does, because she is absolutely hilarious right now! If I can keep up this more frequent blogging thing maybe it'll actually happen...anyhow, here are a few of her more recent funny moments:

  • Last night she burst into the bathroom when I was about to step in the shower. First she informed me that she could see my butt. Then she said, "Mommy, you need to put clothes on or Daddy will see you naked!" So I told her, "Daddy has already seen me naked, sweetie." So she said, in an I-dare-you tone of voice, "Go out there!" (Meaning into the bedroom where Craig was watching TV.) So I did...Craig, of course, glanced up and went back to watching TV. Ava stood behind me having a giggling fit at the sight of Mommy standing naked in the same room as Daddy...it was pretty funny. 
  • She told me the other day she wanted to be Shrek for Halloween. I told her I didn't think I'd be able to find a costume for her. She sat, silent for a moment, and then said, "Okay, then I want to be Rapunzel!" From Shrek to Rapunzel....? Okay...
  • She frequently throws parties for her stuffed animals and dolls...in my bathroom. So I do have a pretty awesome bathroom, but party-worthy? Hmmmmm. She also commandeers CJ's baby equipment for her own babies and frequently reminds us to be quiet when they are sleeping, or has us help change their diapers, etc.  And when she names something, she incorporates what it is, or uses her own name, or both. For example, the snake that lives somewhere around our house is Snakey Snake. The turtle Craig found is Turtle Turtle Ava Turtle, and likewise one of her dolls is named Baby Baby Ava Baby. (Her other babies, named last year, are Baby Lauren, and Baby Tasha. She did name her boy baby "CJ".) The exceptions are two baby birds that were born and raised in our hanging fern plant: she named them Mr. Julio and Mr. Pedro.
  • A few days ago I made us smoothies. (both of us need more fruit...this is a good way to get it. Frozen fruit, yogurt, low-sugar juice, and honey.) I gave Ava her smoothie and she said, "Mommy, could you make a smoothie out of....POOPIE?!" Umm...gross. I guess this is the age where kids start really asking about bodily functions and genitals, huh? (And to answer her question, I guess you could make a smoothie out of just about anything, but why would you want to?! We'll stick with fruit.) 
  • A couple of months ago, she was giving us all titles: My mom and I were princesses, Craig was a prince, my dad was a human, and my brother Mike was a peanut. Ava declared herself the queen.
  • When she first saw me feeding CJ after he was born, she thought it was hilarious. For the next few days, she tried to nurse her dolls...since then, she's gotten used to seeing her brother eat, but a few weeks ago she lined up her dolls next to me on the couch while I was feeding CJ and told me I had to feed them next. When I asked her how I was supposed to do that, she looked at me like I was a complete idiot and said, "With your boob!" She might as well have thrown in an eye-roll and said, "DUH!"
All right, that's about all I can think of for now, even though I know I have missed quite a bit! I'll end this post with some pictures...they were actually taken last October, so nearly ten months ago--Ava looks so different now! However, the pictures are adorable (and were taken by a sweet girl I used to baby-sit who is now all grown up and a very talented photographer)...enjoy!












No comments: