Last night I tried a new schedule with CJ: normally in the evenings, he is somewhat fussy but tends to doze off, usually falling into a pretty good sleep sometime around 8pm (when Ava is in the middle of her bedtime routine and I can't actually take care of him since I'm usually by myself)...this means I have to wake him up around 9pm to bathe and feed him: he then goes down easily at 10:00. I figured, hey, why don't I just bump things up a few hours so that CJ is going to bed at 8:00 when he's falling into a good sleep anyhow? I could bathe and feed him between 7-8 when Ava is watching her TV shows and then put him down right before it's time to read/say prayers. Sounded good in theory but he would. not. sleep. On the upside, he did hang out in his crib with very little fussing while I was doing the reading/prayers with Ava, so I was able to complete that part of her bedtime routine without juggling him as well. Afterwards, I fed him again and he FINALLY pooped (yeah, I know that's gross, welcome to my world)...which could have been a big reason why he wasn't going to sleep. At any rate, I was lucky because all that happened was that we ended up on our regular schedule (he went down at 9:45), and I didn't totally screw him up. So, either stomach discomfort is to blame or the change in routine was a stupid idea...I mean, he already does pretty well going down at 10:00 and sleeping until 5 or 6 the next morning. I just thought it would be nice to not have to wrangle two kids during Ava's routine and to just be done when she went to bed. I think I'll give it a shot tonight and if it doesn't work I'll leave it alone...his schedule will be constantly evolving over the next few months anyhow, and I don't have to worry about getting up for work so it should be fine either way.
I'm also considering tempting fate today by taking the kids to the mall. By myself. Oh, did I mention I'm kicking myself for not buying a double stroller? If Ava had an ounce of sanity or common sense she could walk beside me while I pushed CJ in the stroller but I'm not sure I see that happening...I'm going to give the Moby a shot for CJ and stick her in the stroller. We need to get out of the house but it is insanely hot with suffocating humidity this week (heat index in the low 100s) so outside is not an option. UGH.
Also, I think CJ is teething. Yes, it's early. Ava and I both got our first tooth between 2-3 months of age so if he is, it's not a shock. He's fussier than usual, even during the morning when he's usually happiest, and drools like crazy. I think I feel a bump on his gums but I can't really tell.
Finally, here's a picture taken yesterday of my crazy kiddos...Ava asked me to take a picture of them. :) They are so adorable!!! (What an obnoxious "mom" thing to say, huh? It's possible I'm a little biased. ;o)
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment