It was very, very weird taking part in Mother's Day as an actual mother this year. I feel so...old. ;o) The day started with Ava waking up around 7:15am to eat. (Oh, and our breastfeeding days may be coming to an end in the near future, she bit me and that was so not fun.) We tried to get her to just hang out and snuggle in our bed afterwards but she wouldn't so Craig got up with her and let me sleep...woohoo! He and Ava also gave me a new camera for Mother's Day, since our old one was literally falling apart. We just went to the deli for lunch (no sense in going anywhere else, restaurants are mobbed on Mother's Day) and then stopped by Fresh Market, and I got to run to Michael's while Craig watched the kid. The best part of the day by far has just been hanging out, talking to Ava and trying to get her to smile, make her new funny face, or make "monster" noises. That's been pretty much the best part of any day for the past four months....I can't get over how crazy I am about her. Having kids was definitely one of the best decisions we have ever made, Ava is such an indescribable joy in our lives. She's been here with us for 124 days and not a day has gone by--not even the hard days--that I haven't thanked God for her. There is very little I regret in my life because even the bad things have been learning experiences, but if there is one thing I DO regret it's telling my parents I hated them when I was a teenager. Sure, I didn't mean it and was just an angry adolescent, but I feel awful whenever I think about it. If I'd had any idea how much parents really love their kids, I never would have said it.
Okay on a lighter note....here are some pictures taken this past week. This is the last batch on the old camera....enjoy!
BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Ava's rockin' BLUE STEEL! Go, Ava!
Happy belated first Mother's Day, Cuz. I sent my mom a card "To Mommy, From Baby" and told her it was her first fortieth-annual Mother's Day (or some crap like that), reminding her she's been a mother for forty years. She appreciated that.
Oh, and until Ava bites you with her first razor teeth, I don't want to hear again about how you got bitten. Wuss.
She does have teeth! Two of them, on the bottom...jeez, where have you been, on the other side of the country or something? ;)
And she bit me again about an hour ago...it still hurts. I said, "NO! Bad! No biting!" And she gave me a huge smile. Nice.
Yeah, tell me they don't know what they're doing. Li'l monsters. Ethan used to take a chunk of boob in each hand, BITE and pull. When I came down from the ceiling, he was laughing his butt off. Good thing he was so cute. Michael would bite side-to-side. I affectionately referred to that as "gnashing the mams".
Wait until Ava has upper teeth, too. That's a party unto itself. I'm just going by her lineage so she's probably sadistic to some degree. I feel for you. Really. :)
Post a Comment