Yesterday, I went to lunch with a friend....after lunch we sat on a bench and talked and as we sat there, an elementary school age girl walked by, wearing a tank top reading, "Mommy's Beauty...Daddy's Brains"
Wow.
Seriously....wow. What on earth would possess you to allow your child to wear something like that? Do people actually find that cute???? I'm not one to scream "SEXIST!" but yeah, it was pretty bad. I half expected the mother (who was not that attractive, as her daughter's shirt would lead you to believe) to be wearing a shirt reading, "I'm Dumb as a Rock, but I'm Pretty Good Trophy Wife" YEEEEESH!!! Have some pride already, people! And pass it on to your kid while you're at it, or she's going to grow up thinking all she has to bring to the table is a pretty face. UGH. I will never let Ava wear that crap...or the crap that says things like SPOILED, or PRINCESS, or what have you. There are no princesses under this roof, and no one is going to be spoiled.
Okay, rant aside, I had fun at lunch yesterday...the friend I was with is currently pregnant, and it was so neat talking to her and seeing how excited she is and knowing that she and her husband are in for something pretty awesome in the near future. :o) I know having kids isn't for everyone and that's cool, but it's made me pretty ridiculously happy.
Oh, and I also found a scrapbooking store...I managed to get out of there without having to take out another mortgage on the house to pay for my purchases, but holy crap, that's going to be dangerous....
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment