Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Like I tell the students, today's day off of work "isn't for our health!" Happy Memorial Day to everyone, especially the people serving our country and their families.
Photobucket

Ava decided to go into Bad Baby mode last night and fussed every few hours...bad enough at 3am that I had to go get her and feed her. I thought maybe, after a 3am feeding, she'd sleep in but no....up again by 7:00. Oh well, no work today so it isn't that big of a deal. (I'm kind of wondering how I got early morning baby duty AND middle of the night baby duty....Craig is upstairs, sound asleep.) Ava and I sat out on the front porch for awhile and enjoyed the gorgeous weather, now she's playing/dozing on her mat while I have an English muffin and some morning coffee. Funny how a baby can change you in the most random ways: I used to only drink coffee as a snack/with dessert....NEVER in the morning. Now I rarely miss my morning cup. I'm not hardcore like some people, it's just one big mug in the morning and it's got to be loaded with cream and sugar, but it does give me an extra little kick in the rear. (I don't have a major addiction, I can skip it without getting a headache and usually don't bother on the weekends.) I should probably go back to herbal tea with honey, but that'll have to wait until I get more sleep on a regular basis.

ANYHOW--I hope everyone is having a safe and fun holiday, either alone or with your family and friends. Our family is far away and our friends all have family around here, so the little Haynor clan will just be hanging out with each other again. :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you still nursing? Ava might be getting a bit of that "kick in the rear" from the caffeine! Be careful! =)

- Anna

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

HA HA! Actually, from what I've been told (and observed) the coffee really won't do anything (I don't drink much). She gets her morning feeding before I get my coffee and then I pump late afternoon and feed her again right before bed...so it's probably out of my system by then. I read an article that said it's safe to drink alcohol while nursing as long as you aren't having more than a few drinks a week and wait 2-3 hours after to nurse...the alcohol peaks in the milk after about an hour. Maybe the caffeine behaves the same way? It *would* be kind of funny to see her all hopped up though! ;)