Friday, November 12, 2010

Sick and Tired

This will be short, because Craig is standing in the other room, giving me the evil eye, saying, "GO TO BED! GO TO BED!" The title of my post doesn't actually refer to the pregnancy (although that's always a factor these days), but rather the fact that the entire three-person clan of the Haynor family has been pretty sick for over a week now: Ava is a little under the weather, Craig and I are faring considerably worse. It's some kind of evil cold that will not let go (not flu, we've had our shots)...today I went to work with a leaky faucet for a nose, and virtually no voice to speak of. No pun intended. THAT was a fun way to teach, let me tell you...but, I saved myself a sick day so it's all good. Praying it passes soon because my throat hurts, my nose is raw, and my body aches. On the upside, I think the morning sickness is almost completely gone! I had a few mild, passing moments of nausea today and didn't even have to take Zofran, woohoo! And my aversion to all things fruit/vegetable has improved greatly, although I still wanted to vomit when Craig stuck a slice of watermelon under my nose at dinner. He does not get it. At all.

Ava is still going through the phase where she doesn't want to sleep in her bed, so we've resigned ourselves to allowing her to sleep in our room...sort of. We insist that she goes to bed in her own room (I have to sit in her rocking chair until she falls asleep, which actually forces me to have some down time...I just take the iPad and some earphones and watch movies. She lasts until sometime between 1-3am, and when she wakes up she just comes into our room and sleeps on the chair-and-a-half/ottoman in our sitting area....she usually doesn't even wake us up, although we do hear her and make sure she's got a blanket. This results in all of us getting more sleep than when one of us would go sleep in her bed with her, and hopefully it'll pass before too long.

In six days, my mom arrives to (sort of) spend Thanksgiving with us! She'll actually leave Thanksgiving morning to be with the rest of the family, but we'll celebrate the day before. And next weekend, she's going to watch Ava so Craig and I can get away for our first ever escape since becoming parents nearly three years ago....I'm so excited! We're going to stay at a resort on the beach, and even though it's far from beach weather the view will be beautiful and the smell of the ocean will be refreshing. I can't wait to have him all to myself for a whole 48 hours! We're going to go out and eat great food that someone else will cook AND clean up, we're going to see the latest Harry Potter movie (holy crap, I'm way too excited about that), we're going to sleep without interruption and wake up on our own...and we're just going to generally enjoy being together without the stress of being parents for a couple of days....not that we don't love Ava like crazy, but every couple needs time together, right?

Ava has had quite a few funny quotes recently, but the one that stands out the most is this: the other night at dinner, Craig handed her a cup of milk and she turned to him and said, "Thank you, Peanut!" We just about DIED....I have no idea where she got that from! hahaha!

No comments: