Just like last year, Thanksgiving 2010 was celebrated a day earlier with my mom, as the rest of the family stopped making the journey after 2008...we had a few busy years before that and then it just trickled off. Sad, but what can you do? We had a great traditional meal with my mom yesterday, complete with decorations provided by Ava (turkey hats, autumn leaf placemats, pinecone turkeys....totally cute). My mom left today and then we relaxed with Ava, ate turkey leftovers for lunch, Craig and Ava napped while I cleaned, ate turkey leftovers for dinner, and then conducted the bedtime routine. Ava didn't make it past 10pm in her own bed: she's sleeping on the chair-and-a-half in our room even as I type this. I have no idea how to get her to stay in her own bed all night but as I've said before, this is one case where the tough love thing is not the answer. It's been nearly two months and she has GOT to get over it! As much as I hate to admit that I do think it's sweet to hear her moving around and sucking on her fingers, she needs to remain in her own space at night.
Anyhow, in baby news, nothing is really new....the last of the first trimester symptoms are finally releasing their grip on me: it seemed like they were going away but then came back again, although not as severe. Oh, I had to reschedule the anatomy scan so now we have two more days of waiting...augh!!!! I hate Craig's stupid work schedule....and I almost didn't reschedule it because waiting an extra 48 hours just might kill me. ;o) Still nothing new to report in the movement dept...wish (s)he'd just haul off with a good kick already. Oh well.
Oh, on Sunday we celebrated my birthday a little bit early--while Craig and I were out of town, Ava and my mom made me a cake. The best part is that after the cake was done, my mom apparently got out a bag of potatoes so she could make a baked potato for dinner, and Ava insisted on putting one on the cake....haha! She was so excited about it too...it was definitely the most unique cake I have ever seen, and given my insane-o, gaudy, over-the-top wedding/baby shower cakes (anyone who knows the story knows what I mean here)....that's saying a LOT. I love my crazy daughter, and the fact that a potato sitting atop a red velvet cake is perfectly logical to her. :)
My next post will simply be a collection of pictures from this week: the trip to the beach, spending time with Mom, the potato birthday cake, Thanksgiving, etc....I just don't feel like doing the necessary resizing and editing at the moment.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Loving the blog!! I was going through withdrawals. Looking forward to pictures of you all (and that gorgeous baby bump)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment