Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Raging hormones....well, the "rage" part is true enough...

Craig and I just had a discussion about whether I'm suffering from crazy pregnancy hormones, or if I always hate people this much. Mostly it consisted of me asking him what he thought, and him making grunting noises because he was probably too afraid to answer. There are just a lot of people rubbing me the wrong way lately...I don't know if I want to blame myself/pregnancy crazies, or if I want to think people really are that obnoxious/lame/passive-aggressive. It's a lose-lose situation.

Speaking of pregnancy, since that's most of what I speak of here...things are weird and tense right now, because it's less than a week until my next appointment. This happened with Ava: there's a month between appointments, right? So I go, and everything is fine and I feel good about everything for about a week. Then another week and I'm pretty neutral...then the last two weeks I go into panic mode thinking of a hundred things that could have gone wrong and time slows down to a crawl until I FINALLY go to the next appointment, find out everything is great, and it starts all over again. Maybe I'll start feeling a little better about things when I can actually feel the baby moving? I keep thinking I feel something, but maybe I'm imagining it...it's not exactly kicks, just more of a sensation of something moving around in there. With Ava, I remember the exact moment I first felt something, she kicked me twice and it was unmistakable. Is 14 1/2 weeks (where I am right now) too early to be feeling something? Also, I'm not very excited about this baby yet...so, either I'm a horrible mother or this is normal for the second child. I am so consumed by everything else going on that I am not as focused on it as I was when it was pregnant with Ava. I think it'll change once we know the gender and pick out the name and start to really prepare for him/her, won't it? I just don't know what to think or expect I guess.

In Ava news...not much. Spanking today because she spit on a kid--SPIT ON THEM--at preschool. I have no idea where she comes up with this stuff...it's mortifying but as long as we can knock it out of her before kindergarten, I'll be happy. I'm sure she'll be fine, she just likes to test the water. And see how quickly she can turn my hair gray. She's still funny and says the most random things...in the course of a discussion we had today, she told me that God made the moon, Jesus made the sun, and Mommy made her. Haha! She also spotted a pile of cat barf on the newly cleaned floor (don't even get me started on the stupid cats) and started to shriek and cry, so maybe in spite of not liking to pick up toys, she's inherited the cleanliness gene after all. ;o)

All right, off to bed...I need all the rest I can get! Still fighting the neverending cold, plus tomorrow I have to pick up Mom from the airport and pack for the beach getaway. Woohoo!

No comments: