Tuesday, June 10, 2008

under control

Well, things here have finally settled down somewhat: Craig is still sick of course but with Ava going to day care twice a week, I'm able to get chores and errands done quickly which makes taking care of her and Craig a lot easier. On Monday, I was even able to get in a nap before picking her up! (Of course, I did have two days in a row of going to the dentist for fillings--slightly less fun than, say, going to an Aerosmith concert--but at least it's done.) Tomorrow I FINALLY get my hair cut (Ava will stay with Craig during that time, it's during her naptime and he can handle small things like that) and on Thursday I'm going to the mall while she's at day care. I almost feel guilty but I need a little time to myself, and she needs to stick with the routine of going to day care at least a few times a week. Plus, I'm going to get her another Baby Einstein video and I want to get Craig another Father's Day present--so it's not just a shopping trip for me.

That's really about it here...speaking of time to myself, she took a great nap this afternoon and I was able to complete another portion of my scrapbook: two pages with grandparent pictures from the week following Ava's birth. :o) In another day or two we will try to start her on cereal--I will have Craig manning the camera and the video camera for that experience! The funniest thing she's done lately that I wish I had on camera? Last night I was playing with her and for about five minutes, what made her happiest was to growl at me and attempt to stick her fingers in my nose. It was so completely bizarre and amusing...which pretty much sums up parenting in the first place! :o)

1 comment:

JOD said...

Glad to hear things are under control! :)
Enjoy your well deserved time-to-yourself day at the mall.