Thursday, June 12, 2008

More Firsts!

Yesterday, Ava ate her first food! Baby rice cereal---yummy! (I'm so being sarcastic. It looks horrible and bland.) She really seemed to like it: I don't think much made it to her stomach since she's not used to actually eating stuff, but it was hilarious to watch. She kept grabbing the spoon out of my hands and trying to eat it along with the cereal, and if I didn't get the food to her mouth fast enough she made angry noises at me. Today, we went to the pool...I have a few before and after pics but none of her in the water, when Craig is feeling better he will come to the pool with us and snap a few shots. She didn't seem to know exactly what to think of the water; and a couple of times looked like she was going to cry but overall did well! I had her in a floatie and then I just held her and walked around with her, which she liked. I also layed her on her back because I want her to get used to the sensation; as soon as she's able I'm teaching her to float and then to swim. I don't want her to be afraid of the water.

Anyhow...we have a follow-up appointment tomorrow with the orthopedic doctor. The original appointment was back in March (when Kathie was visiting, actually) and everything looked okay but they wanted to wait a few months and look again: one of her ball-and-socket leg joints is a little messed up. The socket part isn't as cup-shaped as it should be or something, which can sometimes cause the bone to dislocate. I think. Don't quote me on that. Honestly, she's had so many little-things-that-aren't-really-issues wrong with her I can't keep them straight--at any rate, I'm not worried. That's it for now....here are some recent pictures. (Please note that she now has a piece of hair constantly sticking up in the back of her head--that's because she's got two cowlicks right next to each other that appear to be at war with one another, causing the hair to hopelessly stand on end. Naturally, I think it's adorable. ;o)

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

4 comments:

andophiroxia said...

"She kept grabbing the spoon out of my hands and trying to eat it along with the cereal, and if I didn't get the food to her mouth fast enough she made angry noises at me."

Wow, that's how I feel about chocolate ice cream. ;)

JOD said...

Seriously...could she look anymore like Craig? She even makes some of the same facial expressions!
She's MUCH cuter though ;o)

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

HA HA HA! AMEN!!!!

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

Ooops...I should be more specific...AMEN to the chocolate ice cream!! :) As far as Ava looking like Craig, it's downright scary sometimes. Total strangers have even commented on it! Occasionally I do see some of my family in her expressions: my youngest brother and I looked similar as babies and I think that's what I'm seeing. But it's infrequent and brief...99.99% of the time it's all Craig ;)