Thursday, June 19, 2008

hooray for drugs!

Legal ones in moderation, of course. The doctor prescribed two medications--a steroid and an antibiotic--that should knock out whatever is bothering Ava. It will take about ten days for her to get better but she should start improving steadily, and I already noticed an improvement last night. I slept in the bonus room on the futon so that I could listen on the monitor but if she had her coughing fits it wouldn't bother Craig (normally he'd take equal share in this but top priority right now is getting better and that requires sleep--and he still tries to help out as much as he can)....she had a bad fit at 2am so I got her up and changed her diaper, suctioned out her nose, and gave her a little water to help the cough. She took a few sips, gave me a dirty look, and shoved the bottle away. Ha ha! But, it did help the coughing and she didn't have another attack until 4am, and it was minor. Cried out at 5am and went back to sleep....woke again at 6:15 and because this time is part of her normal routine, I got her up and gave her a bottle. Tried to get her to cuddle with me and go back to sleep on the futon but she was more interested in talking to the ceiling fan. Out of desperation I put her back in the crib, thinking maybe she could just talk to her own fan for awhile and I could get another half hour of sleep....apparently she was really tired because she slept from 6:45 until 9:30! Needless to say we are ALL doing better now!

Anyhow, she's at day care now (will go on Tues/Thurs the rest of the summer) so I'm going to clean the house and then go lay around in the sun for an hour or so. Woohoo!

No comments: