This week has been a good one so far! Ava still has a little bit of a cough/congestion but the doctor DID say it would take a good ten days to clear up, and it's much better already. She's no longer waking up from coughing at night! She wakes up from time to time and lets out a few cries, but this is probably the equivalent of an adult talking in his or her sleep. It stinks that it wakes me up but as long as she doesn't let out a shriek (which happens sometimes), I can fall back asleep immediately. The shrieks wake me up with jolt of adrenaline and then it takes awhile for my body to calm down again...no biggie. We've also started more food this week: bananas. My mom told me to just buy a banana and mash it but 1.) I hate bananas so mashing one is more than I can stand, and 2.) I'm afraid I wouldn't get the consistency right. So I just went ahead and bought her organic baby food bananas (I'll be honest, I only bought organic because they didn't have regular bananas but gee, I'm sure it's not going to hurt her... ;o) Anyhow, she didn't seem to like them at first but is getting better about eating them mixed in with her cereal. Two more days and we can add another fruit, either apples or peaches....yum! She's also discovered her feet this week, and also discovered that she can fit them in her mouth. If you have kids or spend a lot of time around them, you know how utterly entertaining this is. I'll have to get a few pictures and post them.
Another discovery this week, and this isn't quite as fun or entertaining as bananas and feet--Ava has figured out how to scream. I don't mean doing the screaming/crying thing because she's really upset, I mean letting out high-pitched shrieks for no reason. I really thought kids started this around a year old, but obviously I don't know much....she lets out the scream when she's playing, or just sitting, or to add emphasis to the noises she makes when she wants attention. Sometimes it's funny but other times....HOLY CRAP. You know when you blow up a balloon and you don't tie the opening shut but instead you pull the opening in opposite directions so that the air leaks out slowly with a very loud, screechy noise? It's like that...
Last but not least--something else I thought wouldn't start until she was a year old--fake crying. I don't think she really even realizes she's doing it, because she does it when she wants attention but just can't seem to get any real tears going or any real emotion behind her "crying." She furrows her brow, sticks out her lower lip and makes a few crying sounds but it is SO OBVIOUS they aren't really cries, and there are no tears. It's pretty funny.
All right, I was going to do a few non-Ava news bits but the beast has awoken, so that will be later!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment