Wednesday, June 25, 2008

the non-Ava updates

Well, Ava has been down for about an hour (late morning nap) and we're waiting until she wakes up to go grab lunch, so here I am! Anyhow, in the (very tiny) non-Ava portion of our lives:
--Craig is feeling a little better but still tired and is anxious to get on with his life. Yesterday he wanted to mow the lawn, so I stole the lawnmower bag and took it with me while I went to lunch, ran errands, and tutored. Sorry, I'm putting my foot down, we don't need him hospitalized because he got bored!
--On Sunday, we leave for Chicago, yay! It's coming up too fast but at the same time not fast enough. Too fast because I have to pack and clean and get ready (and when we return I have only one week of break left!), not fast enough because I'm excited to see everyone. And get my hands on a Portillo's hot dog.
--I finished my first scrapbook! Well, as much as I can....I ran out of photos and have ordered more but there are two pages left. Cool!
--I ran into a guy yesterday that I went to college with...I knew that he and his wife and kids lived in the area but it was still cool. Weird in a way, to see people you haven't seen in years and now we're all grown up and reproducing and stuff... ;o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PORTILLO'S! WAAAAAAAAAH! NANCY'S PIZZA! WAAAAAAAAAAH! JAY'S CHEESE POPCORN! WAAAAAAAAAAH!

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

I know! It's horrible to be without such necessities. You're out on the west coast with all the granolaheads (no offense, Christie :), there's no chance you'll find a proper hot dog out there! And I am SO not sold on the freakish, red-dyed things that pass as hot dogs out here in NC...

Chicago food really is the best. I miss it with all of my heart. (Or is that "with all of my stomach?")

Anonymous said...

No, I believe it's "with all of my fat-riddled heart".