Saturday, June 7, 2008

a little update

Busy day today: it started nice and early--12:45am to be exact--when Ava decided to wake up after about four hours of sleep. Nursed her for about fifteen minutes until she dropped off to sleep and put her back down. No big deal, she does that from time to time. Then she decided to get up again at 4:45am...NO IDEA WHAT IS UP WITH THAT. Apparently she's pretending to be newborn or something. I have no idea what to do so I nursed her again, put her back down, and she was up less than two hours later. Gave her a bottle and tried to get her to cuddle with us...FINALLY she conked out, snuggled up on my chest, for about 45 min. before I had to get up....she even slept for another hour or so after I transferred her to the bed.

Anyhow--I got up and got myself ready and then ran around getting a few last minute things together for a friend's baby shower (I was throwing a small shower for a few friends and family at a restaurant in town) ...picking up the flowers, cake, and balloons and transferring that and the favors to the restaurant to set up. Craig stayed at home of course and watched Ava--he was feeling okay or I would've had to bring her, which would've made things quite difficult. The shower seemed to go well but I came home to a VERY fussy baby and a husband who couldn't quite remember when he fed her or when she napped, which completely screwed up her schedule. ARGH. (He DID feed her and take care of her but it really helps to know when she did what) Made dinner, dealt with the little fussy drama queen (we did play and have fun for awhile while she had a moment of pleasantness) and now she's sleeping and will hopefully stay down! Had I thought it through, I probably would not have gotten her out of the crib last night when she woke up...maybe I had a good reason at that time? I can't remember now. Tonight she's going to either cry for awhile or get the pacifier if she wakes because I don't want her getting used to being picked up every time she opens her mouth in the middle of night. So not a good habit....

I'm off to shower and go to bed myself. If the kid doesn't stay down I'm going to need to get all the sleep I can while I can get it. I used to be guaranteed one morning a week of sleep but Craig can't do his share right now, and it's already killing me. Monday? I think when she goes to day care, after I go to the dentist for a couple of fillings (UGH), I will take a nap before picking her up.

Two pictures Craig took today:

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweetie. I'm so sorry it's been so bad lately. Nothing is worse than food poisoning. It's the most vile thing one can go through. And to have all of you sick at once! Yikes!

Hope everyone is healthy again soon! Call me if you need to vent.

Love ya,
Kathie :)