--Craig's first Father's Day was Sunday, yay! We took him to On The Border for lunch (his choice) and he got a gift certificate to the Apple store and and new pair of flip-flops from me (those Rainbow ones...not cheap but they last for a good decade or so, so it's worth it) and a book on advice for raising a girl from Ava. ;o) He's also feeling much better mono-wise, so that's good!
--Ava won't sleep for a full night anymore. From what I've read, she should be sleeping about 10 hours a night, but it's been more like 7-8 lately, and it's very restless. The last two nights she's woken up at 5am and we've tried everything: pacifier, changing her diaper, making sure she's comfortable, letting her cry, etc...but the only thing that works is feeding her. She's voraciously hungry...I know the baby book says not to feed her at night like that or she'll get used to it, but she was not only crying but letting out high-pitched shrieks I'd never heard before....so I really can't see what purpose there is in letting her starve when that's clearly the problem. I know better than to just shove a bottle in her mouth to shut her up whenever she makes a sound but obviously she's hungry...I'm hoping it's just a growth spurt and she'll start sleeping her normal 9 1/2 hours again. She's getting cereal twice a day now so hopefully that helps! We're also working on naps: she's taken to cat-napping lately and I want her to have substantial naps that leave her well-rested. Hopefully I'll get her back on track before summer break is over!! I'm not going to survive long on little sleep when I go back to work.
--Rachel Ray is giving me a headache. Well, her and the fact that when I got a few fillings last week they didn't grind them down properly so now it hurts to eat: not just my teeth, my jaw and head hurt too. It even hurts to sit here with my mouth closed. I'm going back today so they can adjust things....oh joy. I can't tell right now though if it's tooth pain or Annoying TV Show Hostess pain....
--I'm going to lay out in the sun today for a couple of hours....I haven't been in the sun in two years, since last summer I was too full of morning sickness to do anything besides curl up in misery in the cool, dark house.
--Here are a few pictures from this week!
BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Maybe she is thirsty because she recently started cereal?
You can try giving her a sippy cup with a little water in it.
I'm sure she'll be back to her usual sleeping patterns soon. :)
Post a Comment