Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It's official!

Craig's suspected mono, that is. Good--because we weren't having enough fun around here, one of us needed an exhausting and prolonged illness to liven things up. He's generally taking it easy (and if he stops taking it easy I'll kick his butt) and will hopefully be back to normal soon. Luckily I'm a free woman after tomorrow as far as work goes, so I'll need less help around the house, but the thought of handling almost everything by myself, even more than usual, is pretty overwhelming and I'm feeling pretty down about things right now. Still trying to recover from my own recent illness...stepped on a scale today and I lost nine pounds. In three days. That's considered rather unhealthy, folks. UGH!!! Ava is back to being congested and sneezing and coughing...her eyes get watery too so maybe she has allergies? I doubted it was a recurring cold but maybe it is, being in day care can probably do that for a few months before the immune system builds up a tolerance. Great! I wasn't feeling like a crappy mother/wife/teacher/housekeeper/human being to begin with, now my kid is getting sick because I stick her in a room with random other spawns all day.

That's it--sorry for the foul mood, I'm just not feeling very full of sunshine right now. Today was the last day of school with kids present which was good but it was also very stressful for a variety of reasons. Don't really want to get into it. Bleh...at least in one more day, I don't have to enter the building for five whole weeks!!!

2 comments:

JOD said...

How is everyone feeling now? Getting better I hope. It's horrible being sick when you have kids...especially when you are ALL sick.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about all the sickness going on at the Haynor household. It's a good thing you're on break now. Update on the Otero household: Donovan got laid off on Wednesday. Keep the Badd Doggs in your prayers and we will do the same.
Love,
Leslie