Friday, June 27, 2008

Having skull (and other) issues

I have noticed recently that I don't have a very well-designed skull when it comes to coping with haircut mishaps. I've been wearing headbands a lot because it really helps make my hair look a little less poodle-ish, and I need all the help I can get, but there's a problem: the headbands are constantly trying to slide off. If I had a few well-placed lumps or indentations in my head it would really help. (And since I have thick, curly hair; nobody would ever notice that weirdness because it would be hidden.) I've drawn a sketch to illustrate my point:

Photobucket

(Of course, after obtaining a more efficient skull, I will try to obtain a more efficient means of drawing on the computer, because Microsoft Paint is just not cutting it, in my opinion....) The arrows are pointing to the proposed indentations that would help keep my headbands in place. OH, and as long as I'm designing things, I'd like to make a sign on a piece of cardboard and attach it to a stick. I want to keep it in my car and I want it to look like this:


Photobucket


I'm sick of almost getting killed five times a day by bubblehead soccer moms driving around their cute little SUVs and yapping on the phone! I would also like a catapult on the roof of my car that I could use to fling rocks at their windshields, but I'd make do with the sign for now. I know, I seem like a very angry person; but I swear I'm not--I'm actually quite pleasant as long as there aren't any idiots getting on my nerves. ;o)

8 comments:

andophiroxia said...

I have the perfect solution, and most likely Craig would buy it from your cuz it's that site.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/car/8e9a/

Anonymous said...

You. are. a. psycho! =) Totally dying laughing at your skull picture!

- Anna

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

OMG Christie, that is the most AWESOME THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!! Where's the picture that gives the finger, though? ;o)

Anna--you love me for my psychoness. :) I figured you would probably appreciate the skulls!!

MMS said...

I love how your more efficient skull picture also features a newly constructed nose. hahahahaha! This made me laugh so hard! You're crazy . . . in a good way! :)

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

HA HA! I know, apparently in the world of Microsoft Paint, you cannot have skull reconstruction surgery without also receiving a nose job...

JOD said...

LOL! You are NUTS.

Anonymous said...

Honey, we are *so* on the same page. I have poodle hair, too, and if I don't get just the RIGHT kind of headband, I end up with poodle puff in the back and poodle bangs in the front from the band slipping. So with the slippage, instead oh having one big poodle, I have two smallish poodles.

You know where we get our hair? Grandma. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

Mary, I was going to say the same thing about the nose job. FREE RHINOPLASTY WITH SKULL RECONSTRUCTION! Can you imagine the lines?!