Thought I'd share what a typical (non-day care) day with Ava looks like:
6:15--Ava wakes up crying, wants to eat, gets a bottle (8 oz.)
6:30--back to bed
8:00--wakes up again, usually happy and "talking" to herself
8:00-10:00--plays in bouncer, on mat, watches Baby Einstein videos, plays on floor, and/or goes on a walk with Mommy. (Occasionally Daddy will get up and play with Ava during this time and let Mommy get a little extra sleep.)
10:00--meal time! Ava gets rice cereal, fruit, and a bottle (6 oz.).
10:30--morning nap
12:00 (approx.)--wakes up, either runs errands or goes to lunch with Mommy if she has plans, otherwise plays some more
1:30--bottle (7 oz.)
1:45--more playing, or going out and about if that did not happen earlier
3:00 (earlier or later depending on when the morning nap ended)--afternoon nap
4:00--wakes from nap, plays some more. Usually on a blanket on the floor for some reason. Occasionally we go to the pool.
5:00--Dinner! Just like 10am, it's rice cereal, fruit, and a 6 oz. bottle
5:30 (again, depends on previous naps)--goes down for a catnap, usually 30-45min.
6:30--hanging out with Mommy and Daddy, playing on mat, usually starting to get fussy
7:30-bath time! Ava loves her bath!
8:00--bottle (8 oz.) and reading with Mommy: right now we are reading "Goodnight Moon." We read it twice and then Ava gets to play with the book by herself, which means alternating between staring at the cover and chewing on the pages (it's a baby book so it's ok)
8:30--bedtime!
Different portions of the day can vary by about 1/2 hour, but usually no more than that. When Ava was just a couple months old I was gung-ho about putting her on a schedule but it just didn't work for us...I let her develop her own schedule (not to say we're obeying her every whim, she had to adapt to us and our schedules as well) and it's worked out great. Right now she's bouncing in her bouncy seat, chewing a toy, smiling, and growling at the TV. After her morning nap, we have a few errands to run to prepare for our trip to Chicago. I'm dying to get to the Fresh Market so we can have some fresh fruit to snack on during the car ride, but I guess I should wait until tomorrow so it's actually, well, FRESH. I'm also debating going for a manicure tomorrow, I have a wedding to go to on Saturday night. I don't mind doing the toes myself but I HATE doing my nails...usually I just keep them shaped and painted with clear polish so I don't actually have to do anything. I'm getting dressed up for the wedding so I assume I should probably have halfway decent nails too. Oh, and even when I get manicures, I don't care how good the salon claims to be, they rarely last more than 24 hours. :-P BLEH. (For some reason, it seems that North Carolina women have a big thing about their nails. Most of the women I know here who are actually from here spend a lot of time (and probably money) having their nails done: they get those acrylics or whatever. There's nothing wrong with that and they look very nice, but I think I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a file than go to all the trouble...!!! I'm more of a freak about finding someone to cut my hair properly I guess!)
BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Naive question from a non-parent: Do you actually get to do some adult things after she goes to bed at around 8:30? Like kick back, watch tv, maybe have a glass of wine? Or is that free time out the window once the babe comes along? Just preparing myself for down the road. :)
Well when she was more newborn (about the first two months), it was sleep when she sleeps but now that she's going about 10 hours at night, I can have a little time to myself and still get a full night of sleep. :o) Or get even more time to myself and sacrafice a little of that sleep. We usually watch a TV show or a movie after she's down, or I work on my scrapbook...we were homebodies to begin with and I DO miss the occasional movie or dinner out (we need to get brave enough for baby-sitters) but for the most part life is surprisingly normal. :) The IDEA of giving up my life without kids was harder than actually doing it.
Post a Comment