Nestle Good Start formula it is! I did the 1/4 formula, 3/4 milk mixture for one of Ava's bottles yesterday...she didn't drink the whole thing but she did pretty good. Was a little gassy afterwards but didn't throw up or anything....and apparently it didn't bother her too badly, as I had her down at 10pm and it's now 9am and she's still asleep. Unfortunately, the Good Start--recommended by our pediatrician--is NOT one of the brands I had a million sample containers of. Oh well...obviously I don't mind spending the money on a formula that actually agrees with my kid's stomach! (If you are reading this and can use Similac Advance, Similac Advance Soy, or Enfamil Lipil, let me know....I have a bunch of all three!) Anyhow, we'll gradually move up to 1/2 milk, 1/2 formula and then stay there for awhile. When she's about 6 months old I'm going to stop pumping and give her just formula during the day, maybe continue milk in the mornings and evenings for a couple of months, and then that's it. Or at least, that's the plan for now: I've learned that as of January 8th, 2008, most plans I make are now tentative at best. ;o)
In other news, I went in to work yesterday for one of my teacher work days...spent a lot of time trying to reorganize things that needed reorganizing (I do not want to go there. If you want details, email me...let's just say I was not a happy camper...) and planning fourth quarter. I really have missed working. Of course, I say that now while the students aren't there...! ;o) Seriously though, I miss the majority of the kids as well, because I really do like my job. I'll be nice to get back into the swing of things...to have a routine, and occasional adult conversation! Fourth quarter is usually pretty good, it's getting nice outside so that improves everyone's mood; it's not a horribly long quarter so having the end in sight makes things more manageable (for us AND the kids!), and we have the traditional fun 7th grade end-of-year field trip. We take the kids to a nearby rec center and they ice skate, play soccer, and eat pizza. One of the other teachers and I always skate with the kids, unfortunately I had to sit out last year as I was about 8 weeks pregnant and sick as a dog. This year should be fun!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you found something that works for Ava.
I'm sure next week will be full of mixed emotions as you go back to work. I hope everything goes well.
You know what's wierd? My friend said that in the 50's they DISCOURAGED breastfeeding! They said it was bad for the kid. Geez.
Good thing on the milk/formula mixture.
Post a Comment