Well, we didn't get much good sleep yesterday during the day--the morning nap didn't last and I had to go get Ava twice before she took her afternoon nap (we're trying to let her cry it out, but not very much at this point since she's still really little....depending on how hard she's crying I currently give her about 5-10 minutes before I pick her up, pat her for a few minutes, and put her down again), and by the time she finally crashed I didn't have the heart to wake her to keep her on schedule. I think I'm going to have to rework the 10-2-6 schedule that we were trying to do--when she's been sleeping at night, she sleeps for a long time and it throws off that schedule. Last night she slept for ten hours!!! Of course a few hours into it, at almost 1:00am, she let out a bloodcurdling shriek that scared the heck out of Craig and I....and apparently I've developed some strange, baby-scream-triggered reflex because the scream wasn't even over and I was already halfway down the hall to her room. I'm not kidding, it was like someone shot me out of a cannon. Craig was laughing, however, I wasn't quite as amused. (I've had dreams about cockroaches and spiders in which I've flown from the bed--in my sleep--in much the same way. When I had the spider dream, I stood up in bed and yelled about the spiders. When Craig reached out his hand to comfort me I was convinced it was not a hand but a giant spider and I leaped off the end of the bed, caught my food on the end of it, and crash landed on the floor.) ANYHOW she was fine, she does cry out in her sleep sometimes and this was just a particularly loud one I guess! She slept solidly the rest of the night (rediscovered her thumb, which she apparently couldn't locate to soothe herself the night before) and I had to get up to pump before finally waking her a little after 8am. I'm really going to miss leisurely morning feedings with her, eventually it'll be all business when I go back to work but right now she's so incredibly sweet in the morning! When I pick her up, she's all smiles and cooing, and she's like that throughout the feeding as well. (I ignored the schedule and let her sleep today because I wanted to see how long she'd go, and I will base the revised schedule off of that.) She's sleeping now in the swing--I played with her until she got that sleepy look and started doing her tired cry--and I'll have to get her up shortly to eat before we go meet a friend and her baby for lunch. Tomorrow we head to Myrtle Beach so that should be interesting! That's part of the reason I'm not too worried about screwing up the schedule, we're going to pretty much screw it up with our trip anyhow.
Hope I'm not too boring with all the baby stuff but you know, that's really all that's going on in my world at the moment! I did finish the James Patterson book last night--woohoo!
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment