Friday, March 28, 2008

In one week...

...I'll officially be a working mom. I did work a few hours yesterday--planning my classes for next quarter--but next Friday is the official teacher workday before school starts again on April 7th. Ava will be spending the day with Daddy, how fun! I know they'll enjoy the daddy-daughter time. Craig is very good with her. This morning, she got up a few minutes before 6am to eat (was down for about 8 hours, less than normal for her, so I'd only gotten about 5 hours of sleep) so I fed her and put her down and then had to pump. Unfortunately, my milk supply was not being cooperative this morning so it took FOREVER and I didn't quite get the amount I was hoping for. Anyhow, as a result I had hardly crawled back into bed before she was fussing again. I asked Craig to get up with her for a few minutes....not only did he do that, but he took her downstairs and played with her AND gave her a bottle. I got to rest a little longer, which was wonderful. Now she's sitting next to me on her pod, smiling and occasionally making happy noises.

Wow...I totally got off topic here. About the working: I'm feeling much better about things. I'm sure I'll be sad that first week she's in day care, and I'm sure it'll be hard to balance all of my responsibilities at first, but I'm actually looking forward to working again.

No comments: