Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Good while it lasted....

Last night, Ava reverted back to fussing and not sleeping very well. Ate at 9pm, 1am, 6am, with lots of fussing and restlessness in between. I'm neither frustrated nor discouraged because I fully expected it: I really didn't think she'd all of the sudden start sleeping and everything would be perfect from then on. I have nights I don't sleep so it's only natural that she'll be off on occasion as well...eventually the good nights will outnumber the bad. However, I'm working hard to keep her on her schedule during the day--right now she's down for her morning nap and she didn't go very easily but that's okay, with last night's and this morning's restlessness and the good stretch of playtime we had this morning, I think she'll be tired enough to get some good sleep in before too long.

fussy
I don't want my picture taken!!!!

1 comment:

MMS said...

You're exactly right on the sleep thing. She will fade into it. We still have nights now where we feel like what in the world happened? Teething, sickness, traveling, etc. will affect sleep. It's good that you have realistic expectatons! By the way, she's VERY cute--love the cheeks! I just want to kiss them! Noah has just gotten some cheeks, and I could kiss them all day!