I had it coming....
Ava was sooo off today. Since she was so good on our trip and then did great even after her vaccinations this week, I should've seen it coming a mile away. She got up initially at 6am, went down again until about 10am, and after feeding her and playing for a few minutes we headed up to Michael's craft store (more on that later). She did fine in the car, fine in the store...fell asleep on the way home so I put her in bed, she woke and would not go down. Ended up just hanging out with her until her next feeding, she ate, and would not go down. I FINALLY got her to take an afternoon nap, but then she was very fussy for the rest of the day: I tried to give her a bottle for her early evening feeding and she took about an ounce and then screamed and screamed until I nursed her--not good because she's got to get used to bottles before day care starts. My mom said sometimes babies won't take bottles from their moms because they're used to being nursed, so I'm going to have Craig give her a bottle every time he's home, and I'm going to continue trying it myself. Hopefully she'll get better about it because shortly thereafter I need to introduce her to formula, I won't be able to pump enough for her while I'm at work. Anyhow, she finally did go down about 45 minutes ago and appears to be down for the night (knock on wood). So...start again tomorrow, I guess.
So, Michael's--I spent a small fortune on scrapbooking supplies today. I've never been good at getting those types of projects started, but I am determined to have a better record of Ava's childhood than just a bunch of pictures on the computer! I didn't get babyish stuff....the album is more feminine and vintage looking, the same as the paper I got to decorate it with. I did get some baby-themed stickers though...the album is going to cover the pregnancy, baby showers, and Ava's life for as long as I can go before I run out of pages and have to start a new album. :o) I also went to Walmart.com and had 216 pictures printed...only nine cents each to order them and have them delivered to the house!!! Cost of delivery was about $8. (Why didn't I have the pictures printed to the store? Because then they would've been nineteen cents each, which would've cost me about twenty bucks more.) So, as soon as I get the pictures I'll begin my project...it's going to take forever but it'll be worth it!

"Hey Mom? Next time can we go to the beach when it's WARM out??"

On the beach! Not very exciting for Ava...she's bundled up and sleeping in the stroller

Passed out after a walk on the beach

Home sweet home!
2 comments:
At Costco they had a whole big scrapbooking kit with tools and everything....
Oh well... after the fact;;;
Oh, they have kits at Michael's but I wanted to do it my own way. ;o) The baby book kits were too, well...babyish, for lack of a better word! Ha ha...ahhh well...now we'll see if I actually have time to put the darn thing together!
Post a Comment