Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter pics

It's not even 7am but I've already been up with Ava and had to pump as well, so why not? We didn't do anything for Easter, unfortunately...it was in the 30s outside when Ava woke up in the morning--I was exhausted, she was fussy, so after her feeding we all just crashed in our bed. And we had corned beef and potatoes for dinner, more traditionally served on St. Patrick's Day but I was tired and it was easy, so that's what happened. :o) In other completely unrelated news, I've noticed lately that I am pretty much the only person I know who's given birth recently and had a big baby and a long labor/difficult delivery. Seriously...what is UP with that?! I know one person who had a baby a year before me (almost to the day....I was hoping Ava would be born on her birthday but she was a day too soon!) who had a 9+ lb. baby and was pushing forever before the doctors finally did a c-section, but that's it. And my kid is outweighing these other newborns by a good 1.5-2 lbs. It's just so weird! Why all these tiny babies? Are they tiny, or is that just normal and I'm a freak? Why such a huge one from me? Craig and I are not particularly large people, but I'm beginning to think one of us may have sumo wrestler ancestors or something!

Anyhow, here's the pictures. My mom sent a cute Easter outfit for Ava so I snapped off a few pictures quickly before I had to throw a sweater on her because it was so cold. UGH. Raleigh is really fighting off spring this year...we get a few "teaser" days in the 60s and 70s and then back to the 50s, dropping into the 30s at night. (I know you Illinois people are laughing at me with all of your snow! But, I'm laughing at you too so we're even... ;o)

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

4 comments:

andophiroxia said...

Do you happen to have any videos of her? It would be great to see Ava in action!

JOD said...

I had a really difficult labor with William. He wasn't as big as Ava (Nicholas was though) I pushed with William for 4 hours. I was so afraid they were going to make me have a c-section.
A friend of mine had a baby last week who was 10 pounds, 2ounces.
I think 7 pounds is considered average, but you're definitely not a freak!

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

1.) We have lots of video of her, it's getting it on here that I just haven't mastered yet.... :o)

2.) I would NOT wish a difficult labor/delivery on anyone but I am so glad I'm not alone! :) And 10 lbs 2 oz....HOLY CRAP!!! I can't imagine four hours of pushing either...a little after an hour is when I started screaming and begging them to grab her by the hair and yank her out...and at that point in time, no matter how much I hadn't wanted a c-section, it was actually sounding like a pretty good deal! ;) I'd say the last 45 minutes of pushing were pretty brutal...these people who can push for five minutes and out comes the baby...how does that happen????

andophiroxia said...

You can upload the video directly in Blogger. I think there is a limit, but it's pretty generous. I've done it before.