Friday, March 21, 2008

"Aunt" Kathie comes for a visit!

This week, one of my closest friends--who I've known since freshman year of high school--came to visit Ava and me (Craig was out of town). Kathie isn't technically a relative but might as well be (which is why she'll be Aunt Kathie to Ava). Anyhow, we had a lot of fun, mostly just hanging out and watching movies and playing with Ava but we did manage to squeeze in a couple of lunches and a trip to the mall. We also played a good game of Trivial Pursuit, which I'm ashamed to say I won by answering a NASCAR question correctly--Kathie believes this puts my status as a Yankee into serious question. OH, the horror! :o) Unfortunately, our visit was cut short because there's a huge storm coming in to Chicago today and flights were already being canceled yesterday so Kathie had to get out last night instead of this afternoon....we had fun while it lasted though!

In other news, that bad night Ava had? She ended up sleeping 11 1/2 hours that night! Total fluke but it was cool. She had one more bad night where it took an hour for her to go down but has since reverted back to her usual sweet self with only the late afternoon/early evening fussy period. Also, I had a vibrating bouncy seat thing stuck up in the bonus room that I hadn't been using and Kathie suggested I actually try using it when Ava was fussing....score! I can get a good 20-30 min of peace while she's in that thing! Yesterday I put it next to me in the bathroom and bounced it with my foot to keep Ava occupied while I dried my hair and put on makeup. Good deal!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare

4 comments:

VoodooToaster said...

Oooo I'm so jealous! I can't wait to see you both, girl. That sweetie little Ava. I wanna hold her too! As soon as I can manage.

Melissa, Craig, Ava, and CJ said...

I know, we totally want you guys to come! :) I'd be really bummed about the change in your travel plans if it wasn't because you just got an awesome new job. :D Ava needs to meet Aunt Anna...she told me. Actually she said, "Grrrrrrr. Oooooooohhhh!" But that's what she meant.

Anonymous said...

Why would you admit to answering a NASCAR question correctly? I mean, was it like "How many teeth does Earnhardt Jr. have?"

Anonymous said...

Hey! Cute pictures! I'm so glad I had the chance to come see you guys...I had a lot of fun! Thank you very much for letting me stay with you. It was wonderful to get to meet Ava, she's such a beautiful baby, and so cute when staring lovingly at her "bird friends". BTW...you should be totally honest and tell the world that you answered not 1 but 2 NASCAR questions correctly. As I said before, I fear you are losing your innate "northern-ness". I would also like to submit for evidence the fact that you are mastering the art of making food into ball form...when you start deep-frying I'll be very afraid!

Love ya!

Kathie