Sunday, October 28, 2007

Why are stores so STUPID????

Yesterday we had to return a few things to Babies R Us (next time it won't be WE, it will be ME. Craig will be staying at home. I love him, and I'm sure he'll be good at things like changing diapers, but going to a store with him is like going with a cranky, ADD-inflicted toddler), among them, a baby monitor. We had registered for the monitor and someone bought it for us, but apparently the BRU (Babies R Us) people didn't scan it off of the registry so another person ended up buying it as well before it came off. No biggie, so we return it and get something else. A few minutes ago I sign on to my registry because I realize I'd like to add some more baskets, and notice that BRU HAS PUT THE MONITOR BACK ON MY REGISTRY. Why? WHY?????? Common sense people, come on! I'm just glad I noticed it and took it off before yet another person bought it. Not to mention, someone else purchased two items off of my registry and they never disappeared, so I had to go and remove them myself. Target did this to me when I got married. Long story but I ended up with four toaster ovens and Target was HORRIBLE about returning them (apparently you are not permitted to return registry items more than 90 days before or after your wedding....huh????) even though the error had clearly been theirs. They tried to blame it on the people who bought them not having the registry list scanned but not true...on our registry it said TOASTER OVEN...NEEDS: 1 RECEIVED: 4. So they were scanned, it's just that stupid Target's system didn't take it off. Hate Target registries...HATE THEM!!!!

Idiots.

Anyhow, back to BRU...we also got a phone call that someone had ordered us a car seat and had it delivered to the store, so a couple of days later we went to pick it up. We went to customer service and gave our name....they could not locate the item. We gave the name of the person who ordered it for us, the state it came from...they could not locate the item. We told them the brand and style of the car seat...they could not locate the item. THEY TOOK US BACK TO THE STOCKROOM SO WE COULD HELP THEM LOOK FOR IT...yep, item not located. We must've been there an hour before they finally found it. And the guy who was supposed to be finding it? After the last attempt he came back smelling like smoke, so apparently he went out and had a nice cigarette break while he was supposed to be locating the item. Now I understand one probably needs many cigarette breaks when working a job where one is surrounded by crazy pregnant women and their frazzled spouses all day, but come on. We were very calm and very patient (partially because Craig was amusing himself by pressing all of the buttons on the noisemaking toys in the toy section, but that's another story....) and our presence did not warrant the need for a cigarette break.

I do have to say that the guy who handled our return/exchange yesterday was remarkably on the ball, so they get points for that. But that's it. This week we're ordering the nursery furniture from JC Penney so let's hope that goes smoothly!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is the crib, it's part of the JCP "Bella" collection...we'll probably get it in the cherry finish but we'll see...the one in this picture is a color called "maple" and I think it's a little lighter than what we want. Our nursery bedding was displayed at BRU in a cherry crib so at least we know it will look good. Going to call JCP and see if they have ANY samples of their furniture colors in the store so we don't have to order without seeing the color first.

3 comments:

andophiroxia said...

Think about it, that's revenge, pushing all the noisemaking buttons on ALL of the toys. Gain that measure of satisfaction. >:)

Anonymous said...

I guarantee you that NOBODY has for Ava what my family has for her......and some day you're going to tell me how to get it to her...

It's very unique...only Emily could possibly have copied me...but I doubt it. :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, papafuzz... I am *really* curious about what you could be talking about. I sure hope you haven't pulled the horns off of a Longhorn to hang in Ava's room.